I have been playing guitar for quite some time now, but I've never been good with deciding on what strings to buy...I usually ask the store keepers opinion, but I'm not sure if he is just saying things to get me to buy the most expensive one's in stock. I was just curious if anyone could give me help on deciding what strings to buy...
get DRs they are awesome, they are wound a little tighter, so they have more material per string, which makes them sound like they are a bigger gadge then they really are. i use 10s on my guitar and they play great, but because they are wound differently and all they are about 5 bucks a set, which isnt a whole lot more but its worth it.
Haha, that's how I do it too. Although the last time I got some, I asked for some Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. They're not bad.
My personal preference is D'addario. I use .10s on my Firebird and they sound awesome. They are about 6 bucks a set. Maybe it's the way I play, but I have never broken a string when I use their brand. They sound real crisp.
Gear:
Epiphone Firebird VII
1968 Silvertone Mosrite
Speyer Acoustic Electric
Johnson Metal-Body Resonator Guitar (FOR SALE)
Rover Mandolin
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Traynor 15w Tube amp
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Definitely get DR's. I've played every brand of string thats been mentioned so far, and Dr's are the best by far. Gaugewise, I would suggest 10s as well.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
Definitely get DR's. I've played every brand of string thats been mentioned so far, and Dr's are the best by far. Gaugewise, I would suggest 10s as well.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
.10's? Where are all the players who use .08's? I use 'em, but I play progressive/ambient rock... I suggest D'addario. They seem to last the longest, even for ME, a super-light string player that beats the sh!t out of his guitar, so you would figure that the heavier guages will hold up.
.10's? Where are all the players who use .08's? I use 'em, but I play progressive/ambient rock... I suggest D'addario. They seem to last the longest, even for ME, a super-light string player that beats the sh!t out of his guitar, so you would figure that the heavier guages will hold up.