Hey, i just noticed fret buzz on my guitar. Its an epiphone les paul custom, and its recent. ITs on my high E string. When i checked my neck, coz i have really high action, i noticed the neck is slightly bent "upwards" if the guitar is lying on its back. How should i proceed?
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
where is the buzz?

and to get the action down, would u feel comfortable making a truss rod adjustment?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
maybe stay away from doing anything with the truss rod for the mo, I've seen people snap necks in the past...try reducing the saddle hight for the action?
Band forming. Drummer and bassist needed, pos backing vocalist. Based near Richmond, Surrey (UK). Pm if interested.
What do you mean, where is the buzz? Its buzzing when i play the high E loose, 1 fret, 2 fret and 3 fret if thats what you mean.

As to the action, actually prefer the high action the way it is right now, so i'd really really like for the action to stay the way it is.

So i guess all i can do, considering the situation, would be adjusting te truss rod, or alternatively getting my guitar teacher to do it for me?
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
yeah thats what i mean.
open string fret buzz, can mean that the string isnt fitting in the cut of the nut properly.

1st, 2nd,3rd fret buzz can mean that the guitar has a back bow curve, but in that case ull usually get buzzing across all the strings.

i asked about the action, because when ur neck has an upward bow, or too much gap, u might end up with a high action, but since that's how u like it, not a problem.

in ur case i think the cut of the Low E is a little too low. the string is rattling in the nut. it's so low its rubbing the first 3 frets.

u might be able to clear up the noise with a new string. it's possibe the current string is a little frayed at the cut causing it to lay lower than it used to.
start with a 10 guage, and if it's still buzzing try something in the same gauge but a little thicker tenths.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011