Page 1 of 3
Sorry I know this has been hashed and refried a milllion times by now but since I've only been here a week I'm wondering what the opinion is this week. I tried to look in the contest/challenge forum in the riffs place but it seems it goes unused. So from what everyone has heard who is the best on UG?
Last edited by magicninja_ at Sep 3, 2006,
I haven't heard much but Meh! is pretty good.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
I always liked Beat's guitar work. His collaborations were pretty damn good too.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Quote by jallas

Beat me to it...
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Jehuty
Kristofer Dahl.

i've seen his videos. he's a cool guy and all but i'm not that impressed with his playing.
Check out the myspace in my sig, and prepare to be amazed.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I'm okay, i gues, but I think i'm the only one here that prefers to play rythm than lead.
Quote by INameMyPenis
Hahaha, your kidding right?

There are so many people on this site that would crush him.

How do you know? You've only been here 3 days at the most.

^Wrong, I too love playing rythym.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by INameMyPenis

STFU n00b.

Garett is t3h pwns, bitch. Besides he's a great guitarist and musician. He hes my respect for using the wah pedal properly in that song "Sonic Elation". He can probably play a lot better too, but I don't think he would want to spend his time trying to impress pricks like you.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by RMC06
I'm okay, i gues, but I think i'm the only one here that prefers to play rythm than lead.

i do!

but i hate playing with 'lead tone'
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I second that motion.
Wait, do you even play?

That's like asking God, "dude do you watch women shower?"
Theres probably some 19 year old on here whos a complete virtuoso and can play faster than Steve Vai but just hasnt had the publicity.

As for Kristofer Dahl..that guy wears shades indoors. that takes his cool ladder down a notch

Edit: Garett.
Quote by altronataku
i've seen his videos. he's a cool guy and all but i'm not that impressed with his playing.

Well. To be honest I haven't heard anyone's playing besides PickNGrin and Kristofer Dahl. He's not THAT amazing, but he understands a few things that a lot of players I see don't. That you're making music, and not a flurry of notes. So yeah.
Quote by ibaRGnez321
How do you know? You've only been here 3 days at the most.

^Wrong, I too love playing rythym.

Been here way longer than you, just always browse
how about a competition...........?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I don't really know. There are plenty of people who're talented here. Garett is impressive, but he's slightly repetative. I'd just love the opportunity to actually post some of my stuff, but sadly I can't afford a decent rig. I'm not saying I'm good, 'cause I'm not, but I'd like to get some of my stuff on UG.

Anyone wanna give me charity?

Anyway, back on-topic: I've heard some brilliant guitarists in my time here, but Garett is the only one I can remember at the moment.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Sep 3, 2006,
To be fair I find Garett boring and uninspirational. No offense to the guy he's a good guitarist, but I think he needs help with his writing.
Quote by INameMyPenis
Been here way longer than you, just always browse

so... who is it that could 'crush' garett?
Quote by 4string-tsurigi

I don't understand why people like him so much?
He's a good guitarist, but I find his stuff incredibly boring. It all feels far too improvised with no real direction for me.
Quote by Jehuty
Well. To be honest I haven't heard anyone's playing besides PickNGrin and Kristofer Dahl. He's not THAT amazing, but he understands a few things that a lot of players I see don't. That you're making music, and not a flurry of notes. So yeah.

well if you're saying I'm not impressed because he doesn't play 39482 million notes per second, that's what I meant. he just comes off as average...his style, articulation, rhythmic sense, melodic sense, lead sense, etc. there's not really anything that stands out.

i wonder if there's a guy in here who could play like george benson...now that would be envious.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi

I don't think i could crush garrett but I might be able to hang with him. Click my sig where it says listen to me and tell me if I'm full of ****. I recommend Overnighter, Devoid, Hyper Pent, Igor. I know it's unfair to compare usually but i want a little gauge to see where i am.
Quote by karateguy29
I haven't heard much but Meh! is pretty good.

Damn straight

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by INameMyPenis

aaand BANNED

haha kidding.

okay name 3. name 3 UG-ers who have jsut released their debut album and are selling fast? hmm? can ya? CAN YA?
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by magicninja_
I don't think i could crush garrett but I might be able to hang with him. Click my sig where it says listen to me and tell me if I'm full of ****. I recommend Overnighter, Devoid, Hyper Pent, Igor. I know it's unfair to compare usually but i want a little gauge to see where i am.

Lol the intro to overnighter was a bit... naff... but after that little bit of alternate picking wankery it was good... The end was a bit sudden though.

Quote by jallas

okay name 3. name 3 UG-ers who have jsut released their debut album and are selling fast? hmm? can ya? CAN YA?

To be fair.... Album sales don't mean that much, plenty of bad bands can sell albums quickly, it just depends how much support you have...
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
only person i heard, but there's another good guy, i forget who it is, though...

Me?
StratMaster. He's amazing. Go listen to him.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
Quote by magicninja_
I haven't made an effort as of yet because i want synth backings as opposed to guitar backed stuff. I need to find a great keyboard player and then it's on.

no...actually you can do all sync and keyboard stuff on your computer. you should take advantage of that.
Page 1 of 3