Does anyone know anything about these? I have a Jackson Dinky and i want to replace the middle and neck pickups with hot rails. What brand should i choose and how much would it cost to have them installed?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Hot Rails are pickups made by the company Seymour Duncan. Very high output pickups. They cost $70 each without tax and you can install them yourself for free if you have a soldering iron.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
i dont have a soldering iron, so how much would it cost to have them installed at a music store?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
awesome. so altogether its like 150-160. thats right in my price range.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
they're crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so ur saying i shouldnt get them?
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
any other opinions on hot rails?
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
dimarzio hot rails or dimarzio humbuckers?
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
try guitars similar to yours with these pickups in em (if u can find em) to get an idea of how they'd soudn first, so that way u wouldnt waste ur money if u dont like the sonud
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Quote by MaidenRules666
ditch seymour duncan and get dimarzios

r u serious? lmao your name is MaidenRules and ur throwing down the SD hotrails idea when tht is Maiden's blood and main organs.
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
^ so ur saying i SHOULD get seymour duncans?
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
I've got them and they're fine. I don't know what he's talking about.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by nexteyenate
so ur saying i shouldnt get them?

no shit, sherlock. EDIT: dammit, they've upgraded the swearing filter...

what tone are you after? you realise that hotrails don't sound anything like humbuckers, and lose all the nice sparkle and detail that single coils have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a hotrails in the bridge position of my strat and it sounds pretty decent with some distortion. It actually picks up pinch harmonics pretty well, better than the stock humbuckers on my RG1570.
If you you're looking at Hot Rails, also check out the Duncan Cool Rails and DiMarzio's Chopper, Fast Track 1, and Fast Track 2.
Hi, I'm Peter
I have the full set of rails in my Warmoth Strat:

Hot: Bridge
Vintage: Middle
Cool: Neck

It comes down to: waddaya want!?

The Hot's aren't all that great for cleans, work best for distortion.
The Cool's are kind of on the flat side tonality-wise.
The Vintage's sound great. Nice clean. Easily my fav of the 3.

I rather like the above setup for the variety, but I wouldn't solely pick hots without
some distinctly different pickups in the other positions.
Quote by dethofmoo
i was wondering if i should get hotrails for my strat. does anyone know if they're any good for metal? ta

what type of metal, and what amp do you have? how much cash do you have for the pickups? and are you willing to try to put a fullsize humbucker in your guitar?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Generalpwnt
Ummm $10-20?

I dont think so, more like $50 to $80.
Quote by Dirk Gently
If you you're looking at Hot Rails, also check out the Duncan Cool Rails and DiMarzio's Chopper, Fast Track 1, and Fast Track 2.

Yeah I'd say go for fast track 2.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of metal, and what amp do you have? how much cash do you have for the pickups? and are you willing to try to put a fullsize humbucker in your guitar?

i got enough money to get one hotrails, which i would put in the bridge.
I don't really want a full-sized humbucker.
oh yeah, and i play thrash mostly
^ why don't you want to go for a full-size humbucker? seriously, it'll get you closer to the tone you want (unless you have to cut up your guitar, and aren't willing to do that...)

EDIT: damn, i think we're talking about cross purposes here. I should've read your original post better.

what do you currently have in the bridge position?

EDIT #again: what's your amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^in the bridge now i have the stock single coil(seymour duncan)
my amp is a spider 2 for now until christmas when i shall get a new one (maybe an ibanez tb100r)
they sound like hot singles, not really like full sized humbuckers. fine for that, but dont expect them to have the same "thunk" and full sized humbuckers.

tonally, i like dimarzio stacked Virtual Vintage heavy blues pickups. as much output as the railed, run silent like the railed, but the tone isnt as high end. its more full.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^ you probably want to look into an amp other than an Ibanez TB100...

what's your budget for the amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?