Well needless to say I was pleased with it, however I wasn't able to crank it. Now one thing that I found weird was that it didn't seem as gainey as I thought it would be, maybe I didn't turn the right nob or maybe I wasn't playing loud enough. But if I were to buy this amp, would replacement of the tubes be necessary right away or does this sound like a different problem?

Now I did use the high gain input and stuck with the high gain channel and I just didn't hear it. This does however beat the socks off of my line 6 spyder II without a doubt. The clean channel was perfect for me, I was just not able to find the right amount of gain.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
It has it fo sho. With the Pre-gain dimed youll have more than enough gain for anything...
Local guitar center. I luckily found it among their mesa single,dual, and triple rects. It's used and going for $750 US.

I wasn't able to find a knob on there that said anything about gain. The only knobs on there were the Rhythym pre and lead pre. Then the regular EQ's(low, mid, high). then the rhythym post and lead post knobs. There was also a crunch button, but i didn't find that to do much at the volume I was playing at (not a very obnoxious person when it comes to playing). If any of those control the gain then let me know. I'll gladly smack myself in the head.

Things to come:
Last edited by Funkbass796 at Sep 3, 2006,
Gotcha. Thanks guys.

Things to come:
Quote by gunther_sucks
Pre and post are gain controls.

Well. Kind of, but not really.

Pre-Gain is how much gain is produced by the pre-amp. Post-Gain is basically the Master volume control.