what exactly do they do when someone sends their guitar off to be profesionalized? do some guitars come professionalized?

i was playing this used ibanez at the music store the other day, the guy said that one of the people who worked there traded it in, but he had it professionalized recently. one thing that i noticed is that the strings were closer to the fret board. it seemed extrememly easy to play. i was actually kickin ass on this guitar.

anyways i am looking into getting a schecter c-1 fr or possibly a schecter 7 string, and do these gutiars come "professionalized" from the store? on average, how much does it cost to get it done to a guitar of that type if it isnt allready?

i know alot of questions, but it will help me understand alot better.

THNX
AXEVIPER

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.

My e-mail: ultguitaraxeviper@yahoo.com
sounds like profesionalized is just another word for set up. set up is when you set the action, intonation, ect.
I've never heard of the term professionalized. if you talking aboiut the action being lower that is simply going to the store and having it setup how you like. ALso it could've been the fact that its an ibanez cause they have really fast necks. to have your guitar set up it cost about 45 dollar at my local music store. Thats action and intonation.
ok now, what is action and intonation?
AXEVIPER

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.

Action: distance of strings to fretboard.

Intonation: Um, it's when you make the guitar in tune, relative to the frets(?). Hard to explain.
Intonition is the way of making sure your guitar stays in tune when fretted, and is not sharp or flat. Each fret is half-a-musicial-step, I beleave, and at the twelth fret it was gone up one full octive, and that is the fret used to check intonition.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
i can understand, basically common physics of the frets working out correctly right?
AXEVIPER

Eh... I have no fucking idea what you just said.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Yeah, if the natural harmonic on the 12 fret is the same as when the string is pressed down, you guiter has the proper intonation. If it is sharp or flat you need to change the set up
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan