Hey guys, yeah I'm sure you get about a bajillion of these threads each day. What's one more? :P

I'm thinking about switching the pickups (both bridge and neck) out in my Jackson King V (stock Duncan Designed pups) and Jackson DKMG (stock EMG HZs). Both have alder bodies.

I play metal pretty much exclusively, but a little versatility (nice cleans, softer rock tones) would be nice.

I'm thinking either Duncan or DiMarzio, as the full lines for both are carried on pretty much the only Canadian online guitar-shopping site. I know about active EMGs, but i've heard bad things about putting them in alder guitars. Please, no suggesting Brit brands- i'd like to spend less on shipping than on the actual pickup itself :P Thanks!
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
DiMarzio has what you need with the Freds and of course the almighty X2N...Duncan has the Dimebucker and the El Diablo, Active EMG's....eh the almighty yet boring as hell 81-85 lol.
Is there any preferance as to what kinda of sound you would like outta each guitar, do you like one for lead/rhythm more, do you like to keep one in different tunings and stuff like that?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
if you can afford them have a look at bareknuckle pickups, they may cost a little extra but they're well worth the money
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by bean-o
Is there any preferance as to what kinda of sound you would like outta each guitar, do you like one for lead/rhythm more, do you like to keep one in different tunings and stuff like that?

I'd like to be able to do both leads and rhythms with each. The DKMG is mainly for standard/drop d/half step down. I don't change it too much because of the Floyd. The V I use for lower tunings.

If possible, list in your suggestion if it would make a better bridge or neck pickup.

Also, I forgot to mention, good pinch harmonics are a MUST
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"