well, what are some common blues chords?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
7th chords and double/triple stops.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
9th chords

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
an example.. . . . none of this makes sense to me. ive been playin covers for girls so long that are nothing but chord progrssions. . . .( D-G-F-C ) over and over. im jsut ready to learn somthing new; for me. and i want to learn the blues. jsut dont understand any of this stuff.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
(i wouldn't call my self a blues musician so correct me if this if wrong)

But i think the chord progressions are basically the same. say we were in C major. In rock/pop you might play; C G F C
in jazz you could play; C9 G9 F9 C9
or; C7 G7 F7 C7

dominant seventh chords (e.g.C7) = 1 3 5 b7
dominanth ninth chord (e.g. C9) = 1 3 5 b7 9

hope that helped
Quote by facesofhope

dominant seventh chords (e.g.C7) = 1 3 5 b7
dominanth ninth chord (e.g. C9) = 1 3 5 b7 9

hope that helped

see. . . .i know nothing other then basic chords. . . . .for 6 months. . .thats all ive needed to know. i feel its time i need to know stuff like C9 and C7. . . i saw that and said wtf. . . . .where can i go to learn to read and understand stuff like that?
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
7th chords are just like major triads e.g. C, D, E except you add a fattened 7th the the chord.
the notes in C major are; C D E F G A B
...so to create a 7th chord---> 1 3 5 b7
C E G Bb
double stop is when you play two notes together to create a fuller sound; not strictly chords, but incorporated into solos it can sound great. E. G:

--------------------------------------
--2----------------------------------
--2---0tr1--------------------------
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Quote by NotOneWithNames
see. . . .i know nothing other then basic chords. . . . .for 6 months. . .thats all ive needed to know. i feel its time i need to know stuff like C9 and C7. . . i saw that and said wtf. . . . .where can i go to learn to read and understand stuff like that?

buy the book "intermediate blues guitar" by Matt Smith. It taught me pretty much everything there is to know about chords and its just a great book in general. Once you finish it, theres mastering blues guitar also. you should be able to get this book for about 25 dollars (w/ cd) and its cheaper without one (like 11 dollars). I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to get into blues or just have some knowlage.
Call me Jack