So, I saw one on a music store the other day and fell in love with it. But I would like to see different comments and discussoins about them before I plan buying one. Now do your thing guys.
If you already have a good guitar and you have the money for the 7 string, go for it!
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I own one, seven strings are awesome. They only thing is it hard to get used to remembering scales and stuff, and realizing their is a seventh string there, but that is conquered after a month of playing them.
nothing wrong with a seven string, except that your guitar style and pickup selection are probably gonna be a bit more limited than with a six string. for example, i would probably not buy one myself because it's hard to find single coil pickups for them, which i like to play. the thing is most mass-market (as opposed to custom) seven strings are designed with metal in mind in terms of pickups, construction, wood, neck feel, etc. if you're a metalhead, that's the guitar for you, but if not, you may be underwhelmed by the selection.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Pros:
- Added top string means you don't have to detune to get heavy
-Go alot lower tuning than regular guitars
-Look cool

Cons:
-Extra string will be a little confusing at first, but it's really not that big of a problem.
-Extra neck width might cause new pains in your wrist. Again, not much of a problem, and it should subside in a day or two.

I say go for it. 7 stringers kick ass.

What brand and model are you getting?
Price range?

If you want a Floyd Rosed guitar, look into the RG1527.

If you don't, check out the ESP/LTD Viper 407, or the ESP/LTD SB607/607B
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Price range?

If you want a Floyd Rosed guitar, look into the RG1527.

If you don't, check out the ESP/LTD Viper 407, or the ESP/LTD SB607/607B

The RG1527 has a edge pro 7 bridge, not floyd rose, but it's great anyway.

I'd reccomend the RG1527, maybe a breed pickup in the bridge.
seven stringers are fascinating, i'd love to have one, the B can help with going from low to high quickly and not flying around the neck as much. the neck may be odd, but it may fit like a glove if you have largish hands. I'd imagine it'd be more fun to jam with a five string bassist.

if you're guitar you already have is good, go for it!
Quote by Rob the Tipton
They only thing is it hard to get used to remembering scales and stuff, and realizing their is a seventh string there.

I asked the dude at the stored if I could try it out, he was cool with it, but that kept happening a lot. x_x By the way, the 7th string, wich note is it? I couldn't figure it out
Yeah the 7th string has a lower B.

I'd also recommend you have a 6 string guitar too.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Good to have. I've just got one, feels weird at first but you get used to it.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Powertab says that the lowest string is meant to be A. But the only song i've found with that is Citizen Erased by muse. Must be pretty cool though. Drop A in 2 seconds!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Hey

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap (under £350) 7 string guitar from because I really need one thanks