Hi folks.
I'm playing the guitar since 8 months and I really love it :*
I take lessons 2 times per months (36? per month -_-). Since I don't have the money (I'm 15yo) to take 4 lessons per month (72?) and I don't want to scratch my balls while waiting the next 2 weeks to go again to the teacher (wednesday 13)... can you guys pls tell me what shall I study?
I studied some major scales (C, D, F, G, Bb [by progression of # and b]), some chords (C, Am, D, G7), some rythmic patterns and some theory. I have to memorize all the notes in the keyboard where the dots are situated (I'm almost done) and do the pentatonics in this position (almost done) for wednesday 13:
0|------|------|------|
0|------|------|------|
0|------|------|------|
0|------|------|------|
0|------|------|------|
0|------|------|------|
......i.........m........a.....
I have to do maj pentatonic (without IV and VII) and minor pentatonic (realtive minor of the maj pentatonic, without II and VI) .

What other exercises can I do in the meanwhile please? I want to learn, I love learning :Q__
Thanks in advance

p.s: sry for my crappy Eng but I'm Ita
Hey there,

there are tons of things to learn. I think your teacher can give you best idea of where you are at and what you should be learning next. I think a good idea would be to ask him for about 2 weeks worth of stuff when you see him so you have enough to carry you to the next lesson.
Quote by gregv
Hey there,

there are tons of things to learn. I think your teacher can give you best idea of where you are at and what you should be learning next. I think a good idea would be to ask him for about 2 weeks worth of stuff when you see him so you have enough to carry you to the next lesson.

Yep, true
Yeah, just ask for more and more stuff! For the moment just do some of the exercises on this site to keep you busy. Think of what you want from guitar and focus on that for a while instead of just doing what the teacher says all the time.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Yeah, just ask for more and more stuff! For the moment just do some of the exercises on this site to keep you busy. Think of what you want from guitar and focus on that for a while instead of just doing what the teacher says all the time.

thx fot the suggestion