I was wondering what you all think about which amp head should i buy to go with a marshall MG412 cabinet.

Ive heard that the MG100HDFX head that goes with it isnt very good value so i was wondering what kind of head would be good.

I play pop punk, alternative, and some metal with a Epiphone Dot with Gibson pickups.
ugh....just dont get a stack. if you're even looking at the MG stack then you def dont need one.

youd have to be playing huge gigs for a stack....just no

get a combo
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
haha you already have it...haha thats so great

no to the valvestate or VK too
sell it save up and get a combo...trust me
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I pity your soul.....

Pretty much sums it up.

No but seriously. Used JCM900. But get a combo.
Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
MGs just plain suck. Dont get one. Dont know what would be good for pop punk and the likes, but ok.

+1
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
The MG412 cab will make anything you buy sound like an MG.

I ran a modded soundcity head into a MG412 once, because we needed to check if the amp worked and that was the only thing around. Let me tell you, that was a pretty sacreligous thing we did.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Sell your cab, and get a used tube combo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Funky P
The MG412 cab will make anything you buy sound like an MG.

I ran a modded soundcity head into a MG412 once, because we needed to check if the amp worked and that was the only thing around. Let me tell you, that was a pretty sacreligous thing we did.

Yeah. I seriously believe the speakers are made out of used toilet paper.
Step 1. Buy a JCM900 combo, yes, combo
2. Sell the MG cab
3. Take a long hard look in a mirror and shout at yourself.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Step 1. Buy a JCM900 combo, yes, combo
2. Sell the MG cab
3. Take a long hard look in a mirror and shout at yourself.

THANK you lol thats what Ive been saying this whole time!

The UG team does it again
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
What would these poor guitar newbies do without us?

Probably all end up with metalzones, MG's and BC Rich guitars im guessing.
and don't forget spiders as well. I was at GC yesterday and a guy and his wife were looking at guitars, and the salesman easily convinced him to buy a Spider because he showed him the tremolo effect and stated " This is a high quality amp", I left the store immediately after hearing that.
I laughed when at my local guitar shop, A guy came in with his son looking for a starter pack and convinced him to buy a crappy strat knock off (called shine or something) when he left them to look i wandered over and convinced him to get a MIM Fender tele and he did. I was proud because i just saved a boy from years of endless "Your guitar is wank" abuse.
^ That was very kind
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by Matticuss22

dammit i have the MG and the metal zone BUT, but pity me, i bought it before i was deflowered by the UG team.

THANK YOU UG
Quote by Matticuss22

And Spyders...

Sigged.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Matticuss22
I laughed when at my local guitar shop, A guy came in with his son looking for a starter pack and convinced him to buy a crappy strat knock off (called shine or something) when he left them to look i wandered over and convinced him to get a MIM Fender tele and he did. I was proud because i just saved a boy from years of endless "Your guitar is wank" abuse.

lol I do that everyday at work.

The very reason I hate guitar center is because theyre just looking to make the quickest sale possible. They dont look at the costumer and their situation.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

The very reason I hate guitar center is because theyre just looking to make the quickest sale possible. They dont look at the costumer and their situation.

Working at GC is probably easier than lawn mowing...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by kurdtkobaign

that was like a mix between customer and consumer......ahaa
not grilling on you or anything..
JCM800 or JCM900
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Matticuss22

You are the greatest person to have lived, I wish there was one of you in every store.

For serious
Quote by Matticuss22

You're a good man.
Quote by Supern00b
that was like a mix between customer and consumer......ahaa
not grilling on you or anything..

lmao I didnt even catch that!

I guess Im just that good of a salesdude! Mixing sh1t up! Dats how I rollll...
I have recently thought up a theory:

As we all know, MG's are infected with AIDS. Nobody knows how, but that shit is there.

My theory is that Marshall has some of the old days left in them, back when they made good amps(Master Volume Plexi's, 2203's etc.) and they are not the money hungry greedy bastards we know today. Maybe, that little bit of old school left in Marshall hates n00bs. They want the n00bs eradicated. What is the best way, AIDS of course, and what is the best n00b bait, no, not Zakk Wylde silly, the Marshall MG. Give it a few years, and the current generation of n00bs will be gone, thanks to the sweet, slow death brought forth by a lack of immunities. My hat goes off to you Marshall, what a genoius plan.
Quote by El Codyo
I have recently thought up a theory:

As we all know, MG's are infected with AIDS. Nobody knows how, but that shit is there.

My theory is that Marshall has some of the old days left in them, back when they made good amps(Master Volume Plexi's, 2203's etc.) and they are not the money hungry greedy bastards we know today. Maybe, that little bit of old school left in Marshall hates n00bs. They want the n00bs eradicated. What is the best way, AIDS of course, and what is the best n00b bait, no, not Zakk Wylde silly, the Marshall MG. Give it a few years, and the current generation of n00bs will be gone, thanks to the sweet, slow death brought forth by a lack of immunities. My hat goes off to you Marshall, what a genoius plan.

lmao if that was shorter i would so sig that
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks