I dont know about you guys but I really cant stand Dave Navarro. I mean hes a great guitarist and he makes great music but I just dont like him for some reason, I cant really put my finger on it. your thoughts?
actually i agree. although i also do not know why.
My gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Fender MIM Strat w/ Texas Specials
Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401
Fender FM25 DSP
Dunlop Original Cry-Baby
Boss DS-1

Cheap Fender Acoustic
I've heard he's bisexual, kinda weird, didn't heard much of his stuff other than a lil bit of Janes Addiction, but he doesnt seems so bad
He and Carmen Electra are no longer together.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
I don't like him either, probly cuz his makeup is so bad
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
I like him, but he's a tad bit weird. His moustache and beard look like they were glued on.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
maybe because he's a man-*****? Seriously though, I love Panic Channel...not sold too much on Jane's Addiction...whatever.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
I really like Dave Navarro and I absolutely love his playing from the late 80's all the way through the 90's. His work on Nothing's Shocking, Ritual de lo Habitual and One Hot Minute was outstanding. He had a unique style and could play a wide range of genres. You want a funk solo, Dave could do it. You want a psychedelic solo, Dave could do it. You want a bit of shred, Dave could do it. You want noise, Dave could do it. I really, really respect him and I believe he really worked hard back in the day to become the player he is. However, I don't like most of what he has written in the last 5 years and I don't believe he has really done anything very original. Yeah, he's a weird guy with make-up and bisexual ****, but he's a ****ing great guitarist. Three Days is a great song, go listen to it! Of course, that's just my opinion.
I really like his stuff on Jane's Addiction, but I know nothing about other than that.

So no opinion.
Yeah I gotta say that i LOVE Janes Addiction and his new band The Panic Channel but he seems a little strange.
Really him and Perry Farrel just piss me off.
I saw him on TV a couple of weeks ago and he seemed a little full of himself and just a little off the wall, almost like a kid.
Janes Addiction are fantastic. Really one of the most important 90's alternative bands.

I'm not too sure on the Panic Channel, but RHCP fans would probably crucify me for saying One Hot Minute was great with Navarro.

I kind of feel sorry for him because he's really talented, yet every major project he gets involved in either throws him out or doesn't quite make it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I think everyone has the same opinion about him.

Good guitar player.

****ty person.

He's rather egotistical these days...
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
A great guitarist. Just listen to 'Mother's Milk' !!
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
my bad. i meant One hot minute.
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
Quote by Caustic
Janes Addiction are fantastic. Really one of the most important 90's alternative bands.

I'm not too sure on the Panic Channel, but RHCP fans would probably crucify me for saying One Hot Minute was great with Navarro.

I kind of feel sorry for him because he's really talented, yet every major project he gets involved in either throws him out or doesn't quite make it.

I'm a fan, but I quite like One Hot Minute. Don't ask me why, but it's ... interesting. No, I don't like the guitar as much, but its still good.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
That dude can rip his axe...but he has wwwaaaayyyyy too many piercings...
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner
Great guitarist...he doesn't half pout a lot though.

Ah well, at least Ms Electra is fair game again .
Terms and Conditions apply.
Great music,solos,and riffs but even owning all the janes addiction albums, hes still a sell out for going on rockstar supernova
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I don't really care for Navarro either way. I don't mind him, but he's not a big figure to me.
hmmmm...

I don't mean to be rude or anything in my very first post on this website, but how can most of you fail to realise why so many people do not like Navarro?

He sold out. He's a concieted ****. He's the quintessential arrogant rock star.

I mean, the guy goes from being the lead guitarist in arguably the most influential alternative rock n' roll bands of the 80s (I will qualify that), to being the host of that rock n' roll TV travesty, 'Rockstar'. He seemed to forget that rock n' roll was more than about having been to the playboy mansion.

And some of you guys think its wierd that he may be bisexual?!? God damn it. Hendrix would be disappointed.

Putting aside questions of his personality, there is no doubting that Navarro was one of the great rock guitarists of the late 80s/early-mid 90s. Listen to Nothing's Shocking, Ritual De Lo Habitual and One Hot Minute and you will be hearing a genius at work. One can go back ever further, to the 1987 self titled 'Jane's Addiction' recorded Live at the Roxy, and be blown away by his work on 'Pigs in Zen', and the covers 'Sympathy for the Devil' and 'Rock n Roll'.

Another, less well known album called 'Deconstruction' which he recorded with original Jane's Addiction bassist Eric Avery in 1994, is also a work of melodic magic.

Compare those albums I have mentioned above with his recent work with The Panic Channel, and one can see that Navarro is not what he used to be. I still enjoy the Panic Channel. They have some catchy rock n' roll pieces, with some pretty nice guitar work from Navarro here and there. However it pales in comparison to what Navarro and Panic Channel/Jane's Addiction drummer Stephen Perkins were doing twenty years earlier. It pains me to say this, as Navarro is my favourite guitarist of all time, and I constantly look forward to hearing his next work in the hope that it will live up to the incredible standards he set himself in the earlier years. Maybe all that Heroin and Cocaine worked against him as it did with Mr. Eric Clapton.

As for the influence of Jane's Addiction on the alternative rock n' roll scenes coming out of Seattle and LA: Pearl Jam's predecessor 'Mother Love Bone' formed after seeing a Jane's Addiction concert, RHCP guitarist John Frusciante's favourite band in the 80's was Jane's Addiction, RHCP singer Anthony Keatus wondered whether he should bother continuing to perform after witnessing Jane's 87' recording of their first album, Soundgarden lead singer Chris Cornell was known to follow Jane's gigs constantly in search of inspiration, and GNR lead Axle Rose begged Navarro to join Guns n Roses after having a dream about them jamming together.

Navarro, Farrell, Perkins and Avery together as Jane's Addiction were the catalyst for the alternative grundge scene which exploded in the early 90s through bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and because of drugs and personal rivalries, they split up before they could fully be recognised as such.

Navarro in 89' would not be happy with Navarro in 06'. I'm sure of that.

wow. what a rant.
i am a huge chilis fan, and i actually liked one hot minute, not too complicated guitar riffs though.... i like some janes addiction, but his new band sucks. in my opinion, he seems like a faggoty stuck up pricktard. pardon my french.
yeah the panic channel just sucks. jane's addiction is one of my favourite bands though. and dave may look like a fag but he banged carmen electra for several years. and he even cheated on her with a...HOTTER chick