Hey guys, maybe some of you have seen me posting all over UG before..Anyways, theres a battle of the bands coming up, and these are the songs we have have lined up...We have a little under an hour to play our set. (In order)

Black Dahlia Murder - Flies
Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge
Black Dahlia Murder - Miasma
Cradle of Filth - Coffin Fodder
Brahms - Hungarian Dance no. 5 - Metal version (original cover)
Mozart -Symphony no 25 Metal Version (original cover)
Original song 1 (untitled for now)
Original song 2 (untitled for now)
Lamb of God - Blood of the Scribe
Black Dahlia Murder - Thy Horror Cosmic
Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine
Necrophagist - Stabwound

Anyways, while playing these songs are all good and stuff..I was wondering..to really guarantee us 1st place, we'd need to be active on stage too. Here is where you guys come in. What are some good on stage theatrics/ tricks that we should do? Like me (singer, guitarist) I'll put a foot on my amp and headbang, and other times Ill ask the audience to headbang with us, to get everyone dancing along, and we are gonna act dramatic and exaggerated. We are also dressing up neoclassical styled, and wear finger armor so it looks awesome when we play our instruments.

What other fun tricks/theatrics are there to do? I would play the guitar behind my head, but getting it up there is a pain in the ass because its strapped on, and none of these songs are slow enough to allow much time to take it off.

Any ideas to make this show fun will gladly be appreciated!! The show is in december so there is plenty of time to practice!
cant go wrong with the wall of death

If you can, go into the crowd while you're playing. I'd also say some good ol' fashioned jumping around like a maniac would do the trick.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dude, this will totally work: have the drummer do a solo for a min of so. while he's doing it, drink a glass of your own urine then make out with the bass player. Unless you don't like dirty stuff, that would be perfect.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
i'd definitely say try the guitar spin if you're feeling ballsy like right before a breakdown or a solo just spin the guitar and then go right into the solo and maybe throw your guitar up into the air backflip off your amp and then catch the guitar before it hits the ground ALA jaco pastori
Guys guys lets try to keep this realisic. Ahem *coughDementedHippie&backflipscough*. Wall of death sounds great though..I hope it doesnt get us arrested LMAO. Any other ideas?
Quote by Ace88
cant go wrong with the wall of death.

I like that idea.

insideac, where and when is the battle of the bands? I might go if I'm not at college, or if I can get out for that day.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
If one of you has long hair, shaving it off on stage would be crazy. That takes more balls than anything.
Or, toward the end of the show, discreetly pour fake blood on your fingertips.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
mine wasn't unrealistic, it just isn't for anyone who doesn't like to drink urine and kiss guys. Have you ever seen Mindless Self Indulgence perform? Supposedly they do crap like that all the time
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
The exact date isnt available yet...but rehearsal/auditions will be some time in december, and then the show is later in december or february. When I find out the exact date, Ill let ya know, ok? Its cool you live in rhode island! One out of a million lol..what part?

Oh and also, the battle of the bands is taking place inside William Davies Tech School, they have an annual battle of the bands there and we are gonna join this year with technical songs, just because the guy who usually wins is a dickface who sucks at guitar and only wins because of his popularity. We are gonna crush HIM RAARRR

Anything else you guys could add?
Last edited by insideac at Sep 3, 2006,
They are cheesy, but coordinated jumps can be cool. Just dont do it all simple plan style, haha.

I wouldn't recommend throwing your guitar around you if you dont have a lot of experience, and if you're not on wireless. Otherwise, you'll probably screw up and look pretty stupid, but that's just from what I've seen.

Also, do the usual back up for the guitarist to solo and for vocal bridges have everyone mellow out if they drop down in tone at all, but basically... just follow the music and act accordingly. If it doesn't feel real to you, you probably will look fake, so just do whats feels good.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Revalk
They are cheesy, but coordinated jumps can be cool. Just dont do it all simple plan style, haha.

I wouldn't recommend throwing your guitar around you if you dont have a lot of experience, and if you're not on wireless. Otherwise, you'll probably screw up and look pretty stupid, but that's just from what I've seen.

Also, do the usual back up for the guitarist to solo and for vocal bridges have everyone mellow out if they drop down in tone at all, but basically... just follow the music and act accordingly. If it doesn't feel real to you, you probably will look fake, so just do whats feels good.

I tried to throw my guitar around my neck just now... Lets just say, I spent good money on some straplocks now. I want it to look real, and like im having a good time. Also, any tips on how I can coordinate it while playing AND singing?
Just a quick tip: at least in my area, everybody knows songs from Black Dahlia's Unhallowed, but can barely recognize their newer stuff. I guarantee you any hardcore crowd would love to hear Closed Casket Requiem, Elder Misanthropy, or Funeral Thirst. I honestly don't know one person that is particularly fond of Flies or Miasma. Thy Horror Cosmic is a great choice though.
what is a wall of death?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
You get everyone to make two sides to a crowd, and some poor suckers get left in the middle sometimes , and then you play a heavy song and the two sides charge towards each other at a brutal pace and crash into each other and keep pushing foward
Airborne guitars are always great. Except when the hit the floor, I hate that part. I usually catch mine, the Pete Townshend.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Sounds like something cool to watch from onstage!

I'd regret being involved in it though, I'm a little guy so I'd get pummeled lol!
If you're trying too hard, people will notice and think you're pathetic. Just... dont try too hard. Play your set with energy and have fun, then the crowd will enjoy you.
Yahyah
Burn everything (amps, intruments, parts of the stage, some small furry animals, whatever) at the end of the set, worked for Ritchie Blackmore, will work for you to. If you check a Deep Purple live album called Live In Aachen 1970 you will notice a white noice appearing at the end of the last song (Mandrake Root), that's Blackmore seting his amps on fire and parts of the stage too
having a coordinated guitar fight would be kickass.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
yeah... so you play the Star Wars, theme, and while the bass guitar is thumping out the rhythm, use your guitars and wah pedals to make lightsaber sounds, and duel with your other guitarist... i tried it with my band, but we could never get the lightsaber sounds right

Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
I think the fact that your playing not one but 2 Necrophagist songs, Stabwound in particular, will more than make up for lack of theatrics or what have you. Just make sure it doesn't look forced(Dragonforce).
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
man aiden does the wall of death at every show iv been too its greeat i get to see them againa next saturday
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
Yeah, DragonForce is totally staged. Only like 5% of their retardance is actually from their drunkenness.
Quote by passtheapathy
Just a quick tip: at least in my area, everybody knows songs from Black Dahlia's Unhallowed, but can barely recognize their newer stuff. I guarantee you any hardcore crowd would love to hear Closed Casket Requiem, Elder Misanthropy, or Funeral Thirst. I honestly don't know one person that is particularly fond of Flies or Miasma. Thy Horror Cosmic is a great choice though.

Hell yea, my 3 favorite BDM songs, you should play em'
Do the Amon Amarth coordinated headspin.
Every time you sit down to "practice" without a metronome, God kills a kitten.