ok i was with this band ready for battle of the bands and these guys effd it up. so anyways im getin with my singer and my friend who does guitar like me. i was wonderin what do u think of an acoustic set at a hard battle of the bands sceane we wouldnt go to slow one slow than maybe a pretty koo up beat one. wat do the people think
Depends..if the crowd is made of more metalheads than John mayer loving sissies, I say you are doomed. However if the crowd is made up of preppy girls or most other girls, and some emo guys, I say go for it. Some nice songs would be acoustic versions of popular radio songs, like When September Ends, Far Away, Hero, Power rangers (lol), and others. Listen to the radio and check out popular songs.
Everyone can enjoy an acoustic set as long as there songs that are entertaining
hah that would be funy the crowd would like that . if we cant think of anysongs then ill suggest that haa
I know this probably won't help, but I'll say it anyway.

If I was in the Battle of the Bands, I wouldn't worry about trying to figure out what the crowd will like, I would play what I felt like playing. Just be yourself. If you think doing acoustic songs is what you TRUELY want to do, then do it. If the crowd doesn't like it, well they can piss off.

In my opinion, one of the worst things that a band could do, would be to alter what kind of music they play just to be "popular" if they don't really have the passion for that style of music.

In other words, if you and your band mates want to do an acoustic set at BotB, then by all means do it.

PS: I'm having a beer buzz right now, so please excuse any spelling errors.
thanks to all of you for commenting im takin everything to heart idk wats goin on now. im gettin an affor from my friend to do his ska band. while my friend wants to do sunday bloody sunday. while my friend and singer are writng some kick but songs but watever happens, happens so thanks to all if i play i will deffnalty do it with a bang peace
Quote by insideac
Depends..if the crowd is made of more metalheads than John mayer loving sissies, I say you are doomed. However if the crowd is made up of preppy girls or most other girls, and some emo guys, I say go for it. Some nice songs would be acoustic versions of popular radio songs, like When September Ends, Far Away, Hero, Power rangers (lol), and others. Listen to the radio and check out popular songs.

So you have to be a preppy girl or an emo to like acoustic guitar? That's possibly the most retarded thing I've heard on this WHOLE site ! Ever heard of rock? blues? folk? Country (god forbid)? Even some jazz? The acoustic guitar has been around for hundreds of years for god's sake! Not to mention alot of metal songs have acoustic intros (which are sometimes played on a clean electric). Obviously an ALL acoustic set wouldn't go over well in a BOTB that involved metal or rap, but in most other genres it could work.

And second, why play songs just because their popular? I play songs in my band because, ohh i almost forgot, i LIKE the song. You sound to me like your just in it for the money.
hey i'm into punk and metal and i would sit through an acoustic set if it was well done
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
yea well i got invited to join this one band so were doin elctric set up now so this is kinda done with now. but were still goin to rock out were doin whole lotta rosie for sure dont kno the rest but thanks anyways guys /girls
do something like layla on accoustic
and hotel california
maybe if finger pickings your thing do some james taylor
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
I'm not sure an acoustic set at a hard BOTB would be a good idea. There's a chance you would get extra points for being different, but there might be a bigger chance you get booed offstage or something. I'm sorry if my answer sounds weird, I don't know much about BOTBs.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton