^THeres the picture: There's writing like that in 'californication' and 'i believe in a thing called love'.

My question is, how exactly are the notes supposed to be played?
First off, according to the score, the bend is only on the lower note, so when i do bend it up a full step, since its the g string, it is the same pitch as that held on the b string.

Sounds weird when i play it myself sliding with my pinky.
It's supposed to be the same pitch as the B string. It gives a nice octave/harmony effect.
Make sure to use the middle finger to support the third finger to give the bend more strength while the index finger plays the C#. Don't know what you mean by using your pinky, I don't think you need it.
Gear:
Schecter Diamond Series Gryphon
PRS Tremonti SE - silver
Squier Telecaster - black
Line 6 Spyder II 75W
Crybaby 535Q WAH
put your 3rd finger on the 16th fret and bend the other note with your 1st finger and Voila!

and also hope the string doesn't slip off the neck. That always happens to me.
Quote by rockergurl09
put your 3rd finger on the 16th fret and bend the other note with your 1st finger and Voila!

and also hope the string doesn't slip off the neck. That always happens to me.

No you are supposed to bend the lower note, the B. Make sure your thumb is up and over the neck to support the bend further.
Gear:
Schecter Diamond Series Gryphon
PRS Tremonti SE - silver
Squier Telecaster - black
Line 6 Spyder II 75W
Crybaby 535Q WAH
yeah, it's called a unison bend. very common rock technique. sounds cool too.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Unison Bend. Learned them in The Ocean solo.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone