Well I have an RG350DX Ibanez and Whenever I downtune it gets outta tune. Im trying to play like Drop C and other downtuning(for some dream theater stuff). Well if I tune any lower than DADGBE it gets outta tune. Is there a way to fix this(new guitar and trem block are not options. I have a Lock in Trem if this helps
Do you know how to properly tune a Floyd Rose system?

If you're going to Drop C, you'd need to get a higher gauge of strings to counter back the tension of the truss rod (preferably 10-12s). You'd also probably need to adjust the truss rod and the action to proper level in order for it to play well. Need i remind you that it is NOT recommendable for you to make your trem too stiff coz the Edge III arent made to take up beatings.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks but also I used to use 11's and my bridge went up really high. So now I use 9's so it stays at a decent level. If I use 10's will it pop up again.
No, for dropping to drop C, dont use 9s, u'll get all sorts of buzz and the sound isnt nice. Go at least for 10 or 11s.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
D G C F A D
eb ab db gb Bb Eb
D Ab Db Gb Bb Eb

Could I play those with 9's???
Last edited by Rush Man at Sep 3, 2006,
That'll be too loose and you'll be prone to buzzing, you need to remove the spring and set it up to 2, probably need to adjust the truss rod too also the action.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
you gotta adjust the springs too when you downtune

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
yeah I have no clue to to do that so im just gonna save up to buy like an esp and downtune the hell outta that
Make sure you get a fixed (TOM bridge etcs) 400 series LTD.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic