Because i'm a noob at wiring I need to find a way to properly install three swinesdead's pickups into my cheap strat like guitar. I want to have one humbucker in the bridge and 2 other single coils in the middle and neck positions. I want to hook it all up with a tone and volume pot to the bridge which I wish to also be Coil tapped with a push pull pot. Then i want the neck and middle pups to be hooked up to the same tone and volume knobs. On top of that where should i hook up the capacitors i have. I have three .o47uf, .022uf and .001 uf.......I want the .047 hooked up to the bridge pup. I've never done this from scratch so i'm kinda clueless but i can understand wiring diagrams. One more thing is it's all hooked up to a 5 way selector.
Should i use the tremolo bridge as a COMMON ground for all my grounding's?
Thanks if anyone can help with anything it would be much appreciated.

P.s. below is a link.... this is the pickups setup. i just want to know the rest.

http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectronics/-/wdu_hss5l11_01
If you only have one tone knob, you can't use 3 different caps can you? This is basically how my guitar is set up, minus the push/pull pot. If you really get stuck, I'll whip you up a diagram of how my guitar is wired.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
If you really get stuck, I'll whip you up a diagram of how my guitar is wired.

That would really be helpful...
The Swineshead website has the info you want (just not all on the same diagram).

The HSS wiring
Coil tap

I think you'll want something like this

Edit: Oh you want a push pull pot. Well it'd be the same except that the on / on switch would be attatched to one of the pots.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Sep 4, 2006,
I'll draw one up for you tomorrow, I have a whole day off.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I got a bit lazy, and got a diagram off the Seymour Duncan website. This is what you needed? Just pretend the single sized humbucker in the bridge is a ful sized humbucker, and you're set. You're switch -may- be different though.
sorry if this is off topic, but if you use shielding on the pickguard then do you still need to ground to the bridge
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
yes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah, I would ground to the bridge too. You should probably do star grounding. Google it
What he actually wants is a volume and tone for the neck and middle, and aonther volume and tone for the bridge. And part of this thread has drifted over to this thread.
These go to eleven...
Oooooooh sorry dude. That makes it a bit trickier. Think the wiring for a tapped LP bridge humbucker, and cross that with what I posted?
I'm in the process of doodling up some stuff, I'm gonna post it on that other thread.
These go to eleven...