Well, as I find myself at a crossroads in life, I have been considering music school as an option for my further education. Now, I have done much research on this, and the opinions of anyone on here means very little in the way of actually choosing which school, this being IF, IF, I do get in to both. Mostly, I'm interested in Opinions of people who have attended, or have any experience with either school. Also, this is being posted in Musician Talk because, through my observation, the posters on here seem knowledgeable enough that music school might have had either an education at, or are attending either school. That's not to say noone can be knowledgeable on their own, I do know this.

So, to the point. Anyone had experience with either MI or Berklee? How was it?
^Yeah.

And Berklee kills all. Go there if you can get in.

Just look at the people who have graduated from it.
No fucking images.

Ghey.
dude steve vai went there

nuff said
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
and mike portnoy
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Well, I just got back from Berklee's summer music program and I gotta say it was pretty good. You learn a hell of a lot really fast. But you gotta practice like crazy to keep up. There were days when I would just go on 10 hour practice runs so I could cover and practice everything I was learning.

Also, I think Berklee is around 20 grand a semester (I think thats about right...). Which is kind of expensive. However, they give out lots of scholarships so if you are really keen on going you should practice your ass off and audition for a scholarship.

Anyways, if music is going to be your choice in life for a career I would recommend Berklee because the people there are great. It's incredibly easy to get gigs around there so you end up playing a lot of shows and its just a great experience.

I'm sure MI is pretty good to, but I really dont know much about it so I'm sorry i cant help you with that.
^ Hey, I think I was at that too. Did you do the 5 week or the 1 week?

I just spent a week at Berklee for their guitar program, it was awesome. Knowledgeable teachers, cool campus, nice dorm rooms.
@dontgotnoname: PUHleesszzeee can you temme how u gt in? Was it difficult getting in? What did they ask u for requrements? How did they test you, please please temme
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
This thread just changed me... I want to go to Berklee now!

Thanks for the info guys.
Quote by oblique
^ Hey, I think I was at that too. Did you do the 5 week or the 1 week?

I just spent a week at Berklee for their guitar program, it was awesome. Knowledgeable teachers, cool campus, nice dorm rooms.

How much do these programs cost?
Quote by SagaciousChild
^Yeah.

And Berklee kills all. Go there if you can get in.

Just look at the people who have graduated from it.

indeed...many a pizza delivery boys (men actually) came outta there,they do a splended job too. always gets here fresh & hot
^Meh
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by Scourge441
How much do these programs cost?

If you stay at the form, about 1200 for the 1 week. My parents covered it this year but I'm going to have to pay for it myself next time, it's worth it though.
^Dude, How'd u get in? What did they ask u? What do they look for in a student to give him admission? Plz answer me.......plz
Quote by hendo123456789
actually the summer sessions are open to anyone who can afford to attend.

once you're there they will place you in classes based on you're ability and interest.
What about the other sessions?
Quote by hendo123456789
i'm not sure what the requirements are for the degree programs , but i'm sure you have to have some reading ability and knowledge of theory.

if you're a great sight reader going in , you could probably bypass some basic classes that a non reader would need to "catch up".

if you're a good overall student you should be able to get in.
Quote by invincibleneo
What about the other sessions?

The summer sessions are basically a music camp, it's mostly 17 year olds with a few 15-16 and 18-19 as well. The actual college is quite different I think.
Quote by DeathDealer
indeed...many a pizza delivery boys (men actually) came outta there,they do a splended job too. always gets here fresh & hot

wow you're so cool.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by radiantmoon
wow you're so cool.

it's meant to show the reallity of life
but i see you want to be immature about it
Quote by DeathDealer
it's meant to show the reallity of life
but i see you want to be immature about it

you were clearly belittiling people who work in the fast food industry. you are obviously the one being immature.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
I think i meet all those req. but I need a berklee student to guide me. The website n prospectus doesnt seem to tell much
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by radiantmoon
you were clearly belittiling people who work in the fast food industry. you are obviously the one being immature.

i have no problem if you want to pump gas or flip hamburgers for the rest of your life...those are services i use
^dude ur so sad
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by DeathDealer
i have no problem if you want to pump gas or flip hamburgers for the rest of your life...those are services i use

great, so then why mock them? I used to work in a fast food place and had to deal with jerks such as yourself who thought they were superior to you because you worked in fast food. They had no appreciation for all the crap and long hours that went into the job. And you are so fast to judge and yet you still use these serives on a daily basis. So maybe grow up a little and show a little appreciation for other people, or maybe you will choose to continue being a prick. Whatever works best for you.