is this a good head to achieve a tone similair to early metallica and trivium???? im looking for a semi decent head and this seems like the only really thing appealing at the moment...
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ dual EMG 81's
Epiphone Acoustic-Electric
Digitech RP200A, Line 6 Uber Metal
Dunlop Crybaby, Ibanez TS-808
Guitar Research T64-RS Half Stack
no dont get that. First you have to think.. do you really need a half stack? well its not the best sounding and you can do a lot better for the price range. well im hitting the sack soon just wanted to tell that and ill be looking through this thread.
im gonna need something hi gain but cheap. im looking for an early metallica and trivium sound. maybe i should just get a ling 6 head. i alredy have a cab from my old half stack, but i need a new head , especially with my new band playing 6 shows a month or so..
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Oh so you actually do probaly need a stack. Well i think metallica used Marshall JCM modded into a Mesa. But probaly if you can get a cheap mesa or a maybe a marshall you should be good but you probaly need a tube amp of somekind.
peavey 5150, maybe. in the USA, it's probably not much more than an avt, which is laughable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No Don't get a marshall Avt, there distortion is crackley and the clean is muddy no matter what you do, Line 6 be carefull with line 6 just about everything thats line 6 is crappy, try a vox valvetronix, or a peavey^,
how about a peavey xl, xxl or something?
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
just get a 5150 and be done with it. sell one of your guitars if you have to.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

If you get an AVT you're goin' to hell.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30