22 20%
FireFox
89 80%
Voters: 111.
self explanatory...and btw srry if this has been done before
Quote by EvilMaxy
I shoved a crayola crayon up my ass.

Quote by Nelsean
I shoved my tesicals in a blender and masterbated.

superman's where its at....
Jesus pwns both
Holy Identical Thread Batman!
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
It has been done before.
By you.
A recent study shows that 98% of people don't give a flying fuck about what you consider 'real' music is or not.
Quote by khozzska
It has been done before.
By you.

Threadstarter: Click the edit button in your primary post and highlight "Delete this post" and click proceed, or confirm (I forget which). That'll then delete this thread.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I use Opera, its better than both Firefox and IE. http://www.opera.com/
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Firefox
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by amazingdm
I hate firefox
it almost seems like people praise it so much just cuz it's not the norm

I disagree.I find Firefox far more user friendly and easy.Then again,I haven't used IE in years.But,thats obviously because I've had no desire to.
Yes.
Quote by amazingdm
I hate firefox

I've gotten a lot less spyware using firefox, and it's easier to use if you go back and forth between web sites, it also has a lot of add ons to do variouse.
Firefox > IE

Yep, that's all I got to say bout that...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by amazingdm
I hate firefox

umm do you use it?

actually don't worry, it doesn't really matter to me what a facist prick thinks
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
I use Opera, its better than both Firefox and IE. http://www.opera.com/

I used to use Opera but I couldn't get rid of the Mosquitp in it so I downloaded Firefox.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Bassist007
I've gotten a lot less spyware using firefox, and it's easier to use if you go back and forth between web sites, it also has a lot of add ons to do variouse.

I like having multiple windows for my websites... much easier to handle.

Since service pack 2 I think, I've never gotten spyware. It's been at least a couple years I think. Before it would be pretty bad though, like on win 98
Quote by amazingdm
I hate firefox

No, IE6 causes memory leaks and is to un-sleek.
I recently made a switch to Firefox from Internet Explorer, because of all the good I've been hearing about it.

Pages seem to load a little faster with Internet Explorer though. I still need time to figure out which browser I prefer.
^Look at the fasterfox extension on firefoxs website, it seems to have made mine go faster.
Firefox has so many plugins and extentions you can install, you get almost no pop ups, and less spyware. Firefox is better.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by amazingdm
I hate firefox

No, people praise it so much because

- Microsoft have left countless severe security holes in IE
- when a flaw is detected, they don't fix it unless they feel it might be bad publicity if they don't, and they take their sweet time. If there's a leak discovered in Firefox, there's probably a patch within 24 hours.
- Microsoft have deliberately failed to meet Web standards as proposed by the W3C, and as a result, Internet Explorer has faulty support for technogies like Cascading Style Sheets and PNG images with alpha trasparency. Those technologies should have been 100% supported by now, but they aren't. Meaning that web developers have to use outdated technologes instead. So in the long run, they're slowing down the development of the internet.
- Microsoft put too much emphasis on ActiveX, which gives web developers way too much power for the average web application, resulting in even more security risks.
- Microsoft have been the market leader for years, with an inferior product. With IE being so deeply integrated into Windows, they made it almost impossible to compete. Everybody who appreciates a fair free market economy that's not being ruined by conglomeration, should support Firefox for the fact that against all odds, they have managed to get such a big market share. It's like David VS Goliath.
- They keep adding dumb **** to IE, like last March or April, they decided that all Flash movies on a page have to be "activated" before they work, meaning you have to click the first. That totally ruins every site that uses a lot of flash. There's a workaround, but it's stupid and unpractical, and relies on javascript. It's totally unnecessary and it's extra work for developers, and the home user only gets frustrated by vague messages about activating control elements.

Just a couple of reasons...
Last edited by LKW at Sep 4, 2006,
Firefox obviously.
That's like asking: Which is better? a Gibson LP Custom or a kick in the groin?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
^ Kick in the groin FTW!

I use both of them actually. Im on firefox right now though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I use firefox... IE tended to be too slow (with starting up, etc... not loading pages), and too... clumsy i guess :S i prefer firefox.

The only thing about IE is that it needs to be installed to ensure some programs and junk actually run (i.e. messenger doesn't run well without IE... i've been told anyway)

Quote by raisinbran
^Look at the fasterfox extension on firefoxs website, it seems to have made mine go faster.

How much of a difference did it make?
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
Quote by Mitch72
I use firefox... IE tended to be too slow (with starting up, etc... not loading pages), and too... clumsy i guess :S i prefer firefox.

The only thing about IE is that it needs to be installed to ensure some programs and junk actually run (i.e. messenger doesn't run well without IE... i've been told anyway)

It needs to be installed, but it already is installed on every Windows machine, and it doesn't hurt. But you need it to use certain sites, and that can be annoying if you never use it.

There's a solution though: an extention for Firefox called "IEtab", which lets you run the IE engine in firefox at the push of a button. You can configure it so that certain pages/domains will always open in IE mode, and it works very well. For example: if i go to the Windows Update site with Firefox, an IE icon appears and it runs the site like it should, without having to open the IE browser.
Quote by LKW
No, people praise it so much because

- They keep adding dumb **** to IE, like last March or April, they decided that all Flash movies on a page have to be "activated" before they work, meaning you have to click the first. That totally ruins every site that uses a lot of flash. There's a workaround, but it's stupid and unpractical, and relies on javascript. It's totally unnecessary and it's extra work for developers, and the home user only gets frustrated by vague messages about activating control elements.

Just a couple of reasons...

Actually that was due to a law suit that Microsoft lost (infringement of patent to do with the way a browser interacts with embeded objects), W3C were backing MS on this one as it spoils the way a lot of web sites work. But they lost and had to make the change which now means we have to click on the object to activate it. Not MS's fault.

Oh and Firefox has its flaws just as IE does (I use both - as a web developer I have to make sure my sites work on all browsers) its just that MS has such a hugh market share, its the main on that is attacked by virus writers/hackers etc... I'm sure if firefox had the market share that MS does, it would be attacked just as much. Not saying that IE is better than Firefox. I wish there was just one browser available, its a pain in the ass to code for all the ones out there!
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Custom celestion 2x12 cab with G12 65's
Boss GT3
Epi LP with Duncan pups (pearly gates & JB)
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro
Yamaha APX4 Electro-Accoustic

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
is that like everywhere else football or american footbal?
I use Firefox or Konquoror. I used to use Opera, but it feels a bit basic after Firefox.

I think the best thing in Firefox is having multiple tabs for your homepage so everytime I open it it's got everything important there.
Quote by Kiwi Ace
Firefox definately, the 'tab' feature is a lifesaver.

IE 7 also has that - just been trying the Beta 3 version - its far superior to IE6! Seems a bit faster too.
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Boss GT3
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
Quote by GuitarRich
IE 7 also has that - just been trying the Beta 3 version - its far superior to IE6! Seems a bit faster too.

IE has a history of using code from Mozilla - I expect they stole the multiple tabs bit from Firefox.
Quote by smb
IE has a history of using code from Mozilla - I expect they stole the multiple tabs bit from Firefox.

Yeah - I'm sure that the developers at microsoft didn't have the knowledge to write a windows tab control themselves....
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Boss GT3
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
Firefox..enables you to delete a certain website history after going there
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Firefox.

Tabs. That's all that has to be said.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
I've got a question. Is the 2.0 version of Firefox is a test version? Because it seems that all the extensions are only made for the 1.5 and lower versions...
Last edited by malakian_rocks at Nov 1, 2006,
What are you stupid? Firefox all the way! And with IE yoiu have to go into control panel and go clear history and remove files etc and it takes ages. Firefox, you just go control+shift+delete and it clears it all instantly! Very usefull along with tabbed viewing. Eheh heh heh.
Last edited by iamded at Nov 1, 2006,
Yeah I just saw it ''Firefox has blocked 2 popups windows''

Edit* Tabbing owns.
Last edited by malakian_rocks at Nov 2, 2006,
Quote by GuitarRich
Yeah - I'm sure that the developers at microsoft didn't have the knowledge to write a windows tab control themselves....

they didn't actuually, they hired the guys at mozilla
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects