Ok so I'm trying to play something that sounds like it should be easy, but the bending is being a problem. It's the (really slow) solo at the end of Dream Theater's "About to Crash" (off Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence cd 2). Sounds like it should be simple...but there's a lot of quick bends (and I suck).

When I'm bending the notes, the other adjacent strings keep getting in the way and when I release the bends, those strings kinda 'unstick' and ring out, making bad noises. Has anyone else dealt with this problem, and how did you fix it exactly? No matter how slowly I do it, 90% of the time the adjacent strings make noise

Hope that made sense...let me know if it didn't at all.
You must be new to bends huh? Having other strings ring out is common when you're new to bends. Just keep practicing bends and you won't even notice that the other strings aren't ringing anymore. Playing fast bends can be tricky. If you watch Stevie Ray Vaughan playing, it's like WTF? He's bending strings left and right.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
yeah like the dude above me was saying it dissapears with preactice but some things to look out for are fingernail lenghth too short and itl get caught under your nail and youl end up plucking the stiring by accident and too long you cant play n e thing correctly and also work on your muting just simply mute the string above the one your bending if you cant get it clean
Plus if you're finger tips aren't very hard, the string will stick to the skin and cause it to pull off.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true