Hello all. I'm getting a new guitar, and when I decided, the only criteria I could come up with ended up being: 24 frets, double locking Floyd-Rose tremolo, interesting pickups, $800 or below. I have more criteria then that, but that's what I used to start. I ended up with the Jackson DKMG Dinky as my first choice. I'd like feedback from some people who have had some experience with it, but random internet kids who may/may not know what they're talking about replying is ok too. Jk. Thanks in advance.
Gear List:
Jackson DKMG Dinky Cobalt-Blue
Washburn EA8B Cutaway
Line 6 Spider II 112
Jekyll & Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss RC20-XL Looper Station
dont cheap out on the floyd. thats my advice.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
it's a nice guitar... the only tricky thing is the trem, but you can swap it to OFR i think if it craps out. if you don't plan to use the floyd that much get the hardtail...
The Dinky's Floyd-Rose system is liscensed with a life-time warranty, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I have an old Floyd Rose tremolo on my Washburn, and I havent had any problems with it at all.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm way too into whammy bar stuff to not get something with a locking Floyd Rose tremolo.
Gear List:
Jackson DKMG Dinky Cobalt-Blue
Washburn EA8B Cutaway
Line 6 Spider II 112
Jekyll & Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss RC20-XL Looper Station
Last edited by benjonotbanjo at Sep 4, 2006,
Well, I played it, and I don't like the way the Jackson necks feel on that guitar. But then again, you'll have to test drive it to see if it feels right for you.

By the way, if you're looking for something under 800 with a Floyd Rose, try the Jeff Hanneman model. I watched the review of it on Guitar World CD-Rom and that thing is pretty badass.