so i got a harmoica yesterday. i love it. anyway. i got a C. . .i figured i could do alot more with C then i could any other key, but now that im trying to play along with some of my blue songs the key jsut isnt matching. id like to get a key that would go with some gold ol "swamp" blues. somthing that goes along with Troubled Friend and In the Big Muddy by Warren Haynes, but i dont want to buy another one jsut for those 2 songs so i was just wondering what a good key would be for just some good ol blues. im thinkin maybe a G or a Bb, but im not sure. keep in mind i have a C and its not workin like i want it to. not in the fact that i have little experience; jsut it sound WAAAAY wrong.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Find out what key the song you're trying to play with is in. Harmonicas can really only be used in 2 keys, the blow key (which is what is marked on the harmonica, in your case, C) and the draw key, which is a fifth above the marked key - in your case G (correct if i'm wrong, please).

Draw harp is the most commonly played style for blues, but make sure that you know how to bend first.

You probably do have to go out and buy another harmonica though.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
i have a problem with harmonica too (even though i haven't even attempted to play it in a while)

a web site i went on said about how the first step is playing single notes, and that theres 3 methods: pucker, tongue block, and some tongue-rolling thing. the only one it actually described is the tongue-rolling one, and it only described that one because its the hardest.

and now i'm getting really ****ing frustrated because i can't actually do anything on it. so can someone give me a decent description of how to use those methods? and maybe an easy song in C so i can get the hang of it?

cheers
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
None of them sound like the method I (try) to use, where you tilt the harmonica upwards so the holes either side of the one you want are blocked by your lower lip. Have you tried that?
no, sounds kind of tricky. i can't get any of them down. its ****ing annoying that i could pick up a guitar and play just about any 'classic' riff i wanted, yet i can't even play a ****ing note (or chord for that matter) on the harmonica.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Its a lot easier than tongue-blocking, believe me. Stick your bottom lip out and tilt the harmonica to about 45 degrees, then spend five minutes working out the best position for your lips and the harp.