Ill try again...something terribly wrong happened...

Apparently the peavey valveking can change between Class A and Class B. I have no Idea what this means so could somenone please explaing the difference and what effect this has on tone.

I am considering getting a 50w valveking combo and I was wondering how well they handle metal (I live nowhere near a guitar shop to try one out)
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Usually when switching between something like class A and class A/B, you're switching between something like... 100w and 50w. (Class A being the lower wattage). What this essentially boils down to, is that your tubes are processing the entire waveform (as opposed to your tubes processing half each). It's less efficient (hence the lower wattage output), but the tone is supposed to improve.
Class a tends to have a fatter, warmer tone. Generally speaking, although tube decreases slightly (Or so I'm told)

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

class a is where the tubes are working their hardest, that makes the tone warmest but the output wattage isn't usually as much and i also believe that it shortens tube life. class b has the tubes working not quite as hard, that makes the tone not quite as warm, but output wattage is higher and so is tube life. and class a/b is in between those. i'm a little iffy about this so someone correct me if i'm wrong.