My friend is buying a new for about $600 dollars Australian (like $400 USD)
I wanted to help him out but I know more about guitars than amps and I wanted some suggestions.

He wants like from 40 to 100 watt, Probably Tube, and needs it to do mostly stuff
like metallica and slipknot.

Thanks
Go used or go home with them measely dollars. Tube needs more mulah than that for more than 40 watts.
Quote by santhony1987
Go used or go home with them measely dollars. Tube needs more mulah than that for more than 40 watts.

erm not really? Thats kind of a closed mind statement IMO.

Theres plenty of things out there...you just have to find them!
Quote by breadstick
SLIPNOT SUCK!!!!!!! thats just my 2 cents

hey guess what!

Youre not funny.
he wont even nearly get a used xxx for that. nor any other low end tube amp...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
it'll be about 1000-1500 aus before you can find a used XXX in aus...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yup. AUSSIE Land = WAYY overpriced....WAYY
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yup. Trip Recto = $5000
Mark IV= 5000
Bogner - 7000/8000
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by breadstick
SLIPNOT SUCK!!!!!!! thats just my 2 cents

Just cos you don't doesn't mean other people can't...
i guess he might have to go on the modeller front for that much money hey, even valvekings are like a grand over there and they're meant to be pretty mediocre and definately not for his purpose.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
i guess he might have to go on the modeller front for that much money hey, even valvekings are like a grand over there and they're meant to be pretty mediocre and definately not for his purpose.

That's a good point actually...

You could gte a PodXT a V-Tone then get an Atomic Tube Slave Amp...

They're on GAK...
Quote by joel_grieve
yup. Trip Recto = $5000
Mark IV= 5000
Bogner - 7000/8000

Are you shittin me!? lol So $5000AUS is about $3000US...that IS way overpriced. Poor people...
but ENGL powerballs are about $3000 so it evens out abit.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel