yea i dont know if this belongs in metal or punk but i think its more metal so i put it here. are there any other crust/hardcore fans on here? bands such as

Discharge
Disfear
Skitsystom
G.B.H.
Malignant Tumor
Extreme Noise Terror
Disrupt

Disfears new album is sooooooooooooooooo good. there new singer is tom lindburg(ex - At The Gates)
im afraid you have entered the wrong place my friend.

read this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207

hope you dont get massacered by the metalheads (or do i?)

EDIT:

i just saw the hardcore part and posted that. im not familiar with these bands, and they arent on the list. but if they are "metalcore" go to the hardcore forum.
Last edited by nirvana4lf at Sep 4, 2006,
Quote by into the moat
haha, this is not metalcore or nu metal at all. i also thinkyou have mistaken the hardcore genre

i just read the word hardcore and posted it

because i hate hardcore.
crust is great, discharge are killer.

their is alot of punk influences there but they could really be classed as crossover with that having both punk and metal influences IMO
Check out some Amebix, crust punk with a little bit of a Venom/Motorhead sound too. Nausea are pretty good too.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
I'm a big big fan of crust, and it has many likesness to grindcore, which is accepted in this forum, up to the mods really whether they want it here or in the punk forum.

In any case, In grind we crust.
Isnt crust punk the same thing as grindcore? Anywas amebix is pretty good, and by hardcore I think he meant hardcore punk which is basically what grindcore is.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by cubedeathk
Isnt crust punk the same thing as grindcore? Anywas amebix is pretty good, and by hardcore I think he meant hardcore punk which is basically what grindcore is.

No hardcore punk IS hardcore.
Quote by glm
No hardcore punk IS hardcore.

Hardcore as in bands like Dep? Because they most certianly are not hardcore punk. Hardcore is completely different from hardcore punk

Quote by cubedeathk
Hardcore as in bands like Dep? Because they most certianly are not hardcore punk. Hardcore is completely different from hardcore punk

[Clicky]
But generally Ive always just put anarcho-punk, and crust punk, as pretty much just grindcore. I dont think anyone considers hardcore the same as hardcore punk.

Modern hardcore hardly resembles old school hardcore/hardcore punk, which had some attributes you could compare to Metal.

Anarcho punk is a very broad genre, you have stuff like crass which doesnt sound anything like grindcore and you have stuff like Nausea (Which is sort of crust) which does.
Quote by DanRev
Modern hardcore hardly resembles old school hardcore/hardcore punk, which had some attributes you could compare to Metal.

You have it mixed up.

Old school hardcore/hardcore punk barely resembles metal. Some bands took metal and added the speed from hardcore punk to make thrash metal, and some thrash bands threw in a little more of a hardcore influence to make crossover thrash.

Modern hardcore is a little closer to metal, and people took that, cranked up the distortion, and added in some At The Gates-style riffs to create metalcore.
Crust is a punk subgenre boyo, not metal.

But regardless, crust is where its at.

DooM
Contravene
Disneyland
Fleas and Lice (eh i dont really know if they would fit under crust)
Amebix

I ****ing love crust.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Crust is a punk subgenre boyo, not metal.

But regardless, crust is where its at.

DooM
Contravene
Disneyland
Fleas and Lice (eh i dont really know if they would fit under crust)
Amebix

I ****ing love crust.

I've seen crust mentioned in the punk forum, so yeah, crust would probably go there.
Quote by into the moat
^noooooooo it does not fit in with new hardcore at alllllllllllllllllllllll

The hardcore forum isn't just for new hardcore. It's for hardcore in general old & new...go figure...

anyway, since no one else is really bitching I shan't either. Amebix is good shit, otherwise, meh.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
if u guys liek metal and crust i strongly suggest getting disfears new album. its a combo of melo deaht and crust and is very good and tom lindburg(at the gates) is there new vocalist
Extreme Noise Terror is fun.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by Scourge441
You have it mixed up.

Old school hardcore/hardcore punk barely resembles metal. Some bands took metal and added the speed from hardcore punk to make thrash metal, and some thrash bands threw in a little more of a hardcore influence to make crossover thrash.

Modern hardcore is a little closer to metal, and people took that, cranked up the distortion, and added in some At The Gates-style riffs to create metalcore.

QFT

While I love me some Discharge and GBH, this is definitely more fitted for the punk forum than the metal. Or hardcore. Either one, I don't care.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Skitsystem! It's Spelled Skitsystem!

my bad, i didnt even notice it was spelled wrong.
Quote by Spynal
QFT

While I love me some Discharge and GBH, this is definitely more fitted for the punk forum than the metal. Or hardcore. Either one, I don't care.

Crossover can be both. I made a crossover thread in the punk forum recently.

I love this stuff though; bands like Discharge, The Dayglo Abortions, Hirax, Cryptic Slaughter, Wehrmacht, and Agnostic Front (more punk) are great.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Nausea and Cryptic Slaughter are sweet. Gotta love Napalm Death's Lowlife cover.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Yeah definately, I recommend Napalm Death's Leaders Not Followers pt. 2 to anyone who wants to get some new bands to listen to in terms of old thrash, crossover, hardcore punk, etc. (as well as have some pretty awesome covers)
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Crust/Hardcore goes in the hardcore forum, no?

Its not a matter of what is or what is not, its the fact that Hardcore, Hardcore Punk and any varition *Like 'crust'* belongs in the hardcore forum. I swear there was a thread about crust in there (or punk forum?)

All I know is that it'll be more appriciated elsewhere.

Into the Moat, you're making alot of inane retarded threads around here. ****.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

Into the Moat, you're making alot of insane retarded threads around here. ****.

i am also rarely sober while on this site