You know the gap between the strings and the fretboard? I manage to closen the gap by tuning some screw on the bridge.. its ok.. but now when i strum the strings wiggle violently.. everything is in tune.. but the wiggling is bothering me.. can anyone help me? im having a fender strat.. the bridge. there are 2 sets of screws.. one is on the top of the bridge. another is at the back side.. someone help..
Too hard to understand your typing sorry...
If you didn't know what you were doing, or did but didn't think how you were going about it/how it would affect your guitar then that's pretty silly.
*shrugs* I don't know...
yea sorry. its buzzing.. very bothering... the string is closer to the board thats what i want.. but now its.. >_< sighs..
Well, you cant just lower it however u like, the lower you get, more prone you are to get buzzez here 'n there. Tighten the saddle screws back a fairly bit until the buzz is minimal or gone. Also, if it continues buzzing, could you hear from which fret, between 1-10 or the 12th fret?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
At least someone is trying to help... ya the buzzing sounds when i press on the 12 fret.
Your action is too low, increase the height of your saddle(s) and you should be ok.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
THANKS!! that helped.. and one more thing.. how to adjust intonation? is it important?
Quote by BingYao
THANKS!! that helped.. and one more thing.. how to adjust intonation? is it important?

Intonation is really important to frets 12-above to be in the correct note. If it runs just by a few cents and not visible to the ear then its ok. Worst case, your 15th fret wont be G, could be F or A. Here, ill make it much simpler and more interesting. You must have a tuner.

- Tune your guitar like normal, either open E/12th fret harmonics
- Fret the 12th fret and compare it with the open E/12th fret harmonics. If your tuner is showing the note is a bit sharper or way sharper, move your saddle away from the neck. That means you need to tighten the intonation screw, these

If the note is flatter, then vice-versa.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Sep 4, 2006,