hey. are these any good? will the fit in a EDGE3 cavity with out routing, because i'm trying to find tremolos that do (i know the OFR does)
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
im pretty sure the gotoh is a good well built trem but im not sure about whether it would fit alrght or not
I think Dave has a gotoh, and he said that it fitted his RG470 but the studs were the wrong size.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
ok cool. lets hope dave comes along soon, because gotohs are $50 cheaper than OFR's, roughly the price of it being installed
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yes Gotoh are very good, IMHO its a better fit than OFR to the TRS II cavity or Edge III's. And if memory serves me right, Dave's RG470 has the TRS I instead, thats why his studs were different. Also, Gotoh LFR has lower profile then the OFR and has almost similar arm to the Edge's (longer and not bent like the OFR/Schaller's). There's a guy in jemsite who did this mod and maybe, you'd also need to sand a bit on the sides. Just a tiny bit, reallly reaaaly tiny biiit, no worries.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ yes, you're right, mad, nice remembering.

I still haven't got mine in yet, so I can't comment on the quality, but I know that quite a few luthiers over here use them in preference to the OFR, as they think they're better. Mine does look the part though- it's a lot more ergonomic than an OFR, palm muting on it is so comfy (yes, I'm sad and checked how comfy it was without fitting it...). It seems to be a direct fit, though I need to check how big the baseplate is, just in case it's too long. I don't know the measurements of the edge III, though...

Just make sure you get this one, joel- there are some grey-market ones around that aren't much better than what you have at the moment: http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/shop/products.php?category=207&product=1131 (the ge1996TC- there is a gold and black version too, at a little more cash)

there are some dimensions on there too, so hopefully that'll let you see if it'll fit or not.

EDIT: if you're sure the OFR will fit, the gotoh should fit too- though I think (though not sure) the studs might be very slightly larger than OFR studs...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 4, 2006,
My bet is that it'd fit perfectly but requires minimal adjusting. Also, thats rather expensive, sry to say this but UK does rip off a lot. Try this site, its the cheapest site that i can find that sells Gotoh/Schaller and knockout good LFRs http://universaljems.com/cart/bridgelocking.htm

I wouldnt worry much about cons coz ppl from projectguitar, jemsites buy frm this quite numerous times. Its also affiliating with projectguitar.com and helps the forum members if that'll comfort you more. As for the shipping, you should ask them and see whether its cheaper than WDmusic's.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ aye, I was just using it more as a reference to make sure he got the correct model, as there are some not-so-good grey market versions- and also, that one had the dimensions.

any more word on people having to get replacement baseplates?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not sure which one the one i was looking at is, though it looks the same as those. haven't checked model numbers though...might just
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel