So, I'm thinking of getting a reverb pedal. Doesn't need to be too expensive, just fairly easy to use. It's for a spacious kinda ethereal clean tone a la Jeff Buckley.
Any useful stories?

cheers, I love you.
i was lookin at this one b4 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260008415923&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

it's a boss clone, all metal etc, their ment to be pretty good and that ebay shop is run by a local music shop in uk.

Behringer are pretty high on the affordable reverb fronts, but ofcourse their pedals are pretty poor construction.

boss seems to be the winner but not in the value front imo, you can actually get a behringer reverb rackmoutn unit (which are way better than their pedals ppl) for the same price as the boss pedal.

If you must have a pedal, the BOSS or the GLX.
Marty
Ahh Jeff Buckley.

Now he is one musician who uses reverb properly... all the way up with the neck pickup of anice tele.

He unfortunately uses the reverb on either a Bassman or an Original Dual Reverb (Both Fender, incase you didn't know.)

But, Good news for you is... I have an EHX Holy Grail.. And with my Tele i can nail all of his reverby stuff.. along with a nice clean setting on my hot rod.

Hope that helps.
Cheers, I was actually looking at some Boss and Electro Harmonix.
Thing is, I already have a lot of Boss in my Rig and wouldn't mind mixing it up a bit, and I don't trust Electro Harmonix since my Big Muff one day randomly stopped sounding good and started going to bits. Although the Holy Grail is looking quite tempting.
For the record also, for most of the grace tour, I read that Jeff switched to an Alesis Quadraverb, but that's way out of my price range.
Yeah he did.

And believe me, You should be tempted by the Holy Grail its really really good and will get you what you want, Dont be put off by the Big Muff, Mine breaks a lot too, I think its the fact its put together randomly to recreate Vintageness.
whoop forgot about the holy grail, shall factor that into my reverb shopping!

is anybody using real spring reverb units that are external?
Marty
anyone know good settings to get a reverb sound like jeff's (eg lilac wine live in chicago)? i have a dd-20 and im sure there something i could do with it to emulate this tone.

cheers
EHX Holy Grail End of the thread.
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30