I've been playing guitar for maybe a month now, and I'm looking at buying an electric guitar. I've been playing on an acoustic which makes it nearly impossible to play anything below the 12th fret. I'm looking at a Dean Vendetta 1.0 here's the link:http://www.music123.com/Dean-Vendetta-1.0----Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-i130020.music I like it because it has the 24th fret, and has the pull through string design. I plan on keeping this one for at least two years or so. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

Zach
i would say yeah it looks pretty good, mahogany, hard tail, 24 frets should be good and will last you a while, if you like it get it
That's what I was thinking, just thought I would get another opinion, other than from my buddies who have no knowledge of guitars at all. Thanks!

Zach
wow i'm usually anti dean guitars (just cause i think they overprice and overcapitalize on Dimebags death) but for 220 bux - by looking at the specs, the body looks well constructed, which is pretty damn important in a first guitar because you might choose to upgrade your pickups or electronics/general hardware like tuners and bridge as you become a better player, but the body is often the limiting factor in all that.
Marty
That's also what I thought but I found this one and was exactly what I was looking for. And actually, I've read that the Black finish is actually transparent, so you can see the wood grain underneath.

Zach
Quote by Sweet Lou
And actually, I've read that the Black finish is actually transparent, so you can see the wood grain underneath.

Zach

That sucks, that it's transparent, I hate that unless it's flame or quilted. But yeah that looks like a good starter guitar.
I pretty much don't like the transparent either, I wish it came in gloss, but the burnt color does look pretty cool

Zach