hey guys, I was in a local shop the other day, and a guitar caught my eye (wow :p. A used, but almost mint fender american strat, a 2005 model I think. the guy was selling it for $700 (about £350). I've been hankering after a new axe for... well, I basically always want a new one, and I don't have a strat-like guitar, so this would seem a good way to fill that hole. I was just wondering if that's a good deal, or if I should look elsewhere.

peace,
Papa D
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
i think its not a bad price. if its an american standard strat thats pretty good, but only if its in good condish. new theyr about $1000 USD. so if you really want it go for it. but play it and test it out first so you know its not messed up.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
It's in near mint condition, though I only got to play it for a few minutes, didn't check it out really or plug it in. I'll see if I can tomorrow though.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Make sure you're not paying for a strat body and neck and then squier electronics or something like that.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by PapaDelicious
It's in near mint condition, though I only got to play it for a few minutes, didn't check it out really or plug it in. I'll see if I can tomorrow though.

check around the neck joint area for cracks. but yeh check out neck bow ask as many questions about the old user how they treated it? was it brought into the shop this condition etc etc just ask about the condition about it generally