I'll add a solo once I get into a band, I've only been playing for a year so don't criticize too hard.

http://andrew12398.dmusic.com/

I used a 9$ microphone and Audicity so the quality isn't really... good, at all.
You can hear the distortion a LOT better if you turn it up kinda loud.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
What lassie? Billys stuck in a burning barn?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Run around the city jacking off in random places... and when you cum, jump out at people and yell "SURPRISE!" Then walk away calmly as if nothing had happened. That's what I would do, anyway.

Quote by Unofficial
Jackusaureles, You're now my favorite UGer.
Definitely get a better mic, or turn the levels down a bit. In the volume control, the mic volume slider shouldn't be at max. Why does the lead bit near 1:50 sound out of tune? I'd say fix that, unless you're going for that 'modest mouse' sound...
I'm saving up for a better amp, are you talking about the part before 1:50 where I accidently sped it up a bit? That was my first time recording that song tho.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

The palm muted part is gonna be hard to speed up tho, it's all downstrokes, but I'll try.
Quote by Zinnie

That wasn't the actual solo, that was there to indicate where the solo was, incase anyone was wondering lol

Thanks for the C/C everyone, more would be cool too.
Quote by Zinnie

Bump, I need to know what's wrong with the settings and stuff before I make a recording of a new song.

Settings:

I used audicity

- I put the mic RIGHT by my amp (not really a setting)
- Microphone 100%

And I can't really find out the other st00f -_-
Quote by Zinnie

First off, very brave of you to put this in such a forum. It made me think of the first gig I did many years ago (!) which was at an 80th birthday party where me and some mates played Twisted Sister "We're Not Gonna Take It" and Judas Priest "Breaking the Law" and an improvised blues thing!

A couple of tips for you to think about :-

Possibly use a lighter pick - not one of those really floppy nylon things but something less thick than a floor tile! It sounds as if you are really digging into those strings. Carry one with you at all times and just learn to use it. I carry one with me all the time and I flip and turn it around in my hand all the time just to get a feel for it.

Try different places on your amp for the mic. Record the same piece with the mic in front of the cone, at the top of the speaker, at the bottom, 6" away, 12" away - just experiment and you'll find that there are so many things you can achieve. Listen to the resulting recordings and try to think of where each sound would be appropriate. Ultimately though, get as good a mic as you can afford - even buy second hand. Brands like Shure and AKG can be got from Ebay pretty cheaply and get a half decent mic stand as well so you can place the mic exactly where you want.

Turn stuff down a bit. Have a listen to people like Gary Moore and some of the blues artists who actually use very little distortion but use their playing technique to get drive and balls out of their equipment. Less can be more.

Give it time! You will get better and better if you don't give up. You've done the right thing by posting your efforts here and you will improve with time and sweat and blood! Listen to the old farts like me and other experienced players and just enjoy yourself.

Well done.
Quote by andrew12398
The palm muted part is gonna be hard to speed up tho, it's all downstrokes, but I'll try.

Palm muted downstrokes.. the force that drives metallica.. If you can play Master Of puppets and Battery Your good to go.. But man those things before the distorted guitar those whiney bends are Terrible! lol
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60