Hey,
I'm into blues, metal, rock, alt, a lot of different stuff. I'm looking for some pickups that will do well with blues or rock or metal...pickups that can still do rhythm and sound good too. Looking to put on a Ibanez S470DXQM (double, single, double).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Have you done a search using the search tool? That will probably help, theres been loads of threads on pickups lately.
What amp do you use, thats the most part of your tone.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
I use a roland cube 60....yea I'll try the search but I'm looking for some pickups that aren't all for shredding leads....(though I'd like it if they could do that too).
Quote by guitaroo
Hey,
I'm into blues, metal, rock, alt, a lot of different stuff. I'm looking for some pickups that will do well with blues or rock or metal...pickups that can still do rhythm and sound good too. Looking to put on a Ibanez S470DXQM (double, single, double).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

well bluesy/rock/metal? id go with.... Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Pickups.

Slash used em. should get the job done. in case you want the link...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Alnico-II-Pro-Pickup-with-Gold-Cover?sku=301059
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Do you know if they sound good on Ibanez? ugh...100 bucks...I'd rather something cheaper....after just spending 400+ dollars for the Ibanez S470DXQM....and I'll need a middle pickup.
EDIT** just looked on ebay and it says that they are good for teles.....not really lookin' for the tele type sound.
Quote by guitaroo
Do you know if they sound good on Ibanez? ugh...100 bucks...I'd rather something cheaper....after just spending 400+ dollars for the Ibanez S470DXQM....and I'll need a middle pickup.
EDIT** just looked on ebay and it says that they are good for teles.....not really lookin' for the tele type sound.

Look into swinesheads http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

But I think they'll work out at about the same price as Duncans eventually.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Do you think that duncan '59s would sound good at the neck and bridge then maybe a strat single coil? Do you think metal would sound good with that too? I know the blues would....I have custom pickups made by a guy in canada who made em like '59s....