im just looking for something to mess around with. exactly how apocolyptic would it be if i just got a bass and amp from wal-mart?
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
no one on this board would talk to you.
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
just say no to walmart basses or toys are us or whatever the **** of those stores... one of my neiboghers bought a guitar from one of those places and out of hte box the neck was so warped at the 12 fret i couldn't play it... just get like a cheep starter pack from a guitar shop.
Generally, FirstAct instruments really leave a lot to be desired (almost everything in fact). I would suggest getting a J. Reynolds or most any starter pack instead. Spending a little more now will save you money and frustration in the long run.
okay then, any ideas on which starter pack to get?
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by Applehead
How much money you got, my friend?

exactly

the squier p or j bass is the standard, those dont cost more than a couple hundred and come with everything the mess-arounder would need.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Applehead
How much money you got, my friend?

well money isn't too much of an issue with starter packs now is it?
but i mean of course im tryin to keep it under lets say $300

but of course i dont want complete sh*t. wats the best thing for the price?
Quote by RHCP94
Of course it's an issue - what a silly thinig to say. OK, it goes like this: You tell us how much money you have to spend, and we advise something in that price range. So you have $300. That's not bad. I wouldn't ven be looking at starter packs if i had $300. You could get a decent used bass and amp for that kind of money. Much better than getting some PoS, trust me.. My advice to you is go second hand