Page 1 of 2
awesome guitar.
awesome vocals.
that's all i gotta say.
i heard you doing this song before i think.
keep up the work!

edit:
oh yeah i just noticed that i got some songs of you in my iTunes

Man you ever played life?
You gotta get out there and own all these untalanted bastards from american idol, etc!
Last edited by dEipHoBoS at Sep 4, 2006,
Quote by dEipHoBoS
awesome guitar.
awesome vocals.
that's all i gotta say.
i heard you doing this song before i think.
keep up the work!

edit:
oh yeah i just noticed that i got some songs of you in my iTunes

Man you ever played life?
You gotta get out there and own all these untalanted bastards from american idol, etc!

Thanks
Awesome iTunes rocks, im on an ipod
, as for not getting out there, i dont really have enough talent... or as my mom tells me: I suck . lol oh well, maybe one day
fantastic cover man
you even hit the chorus pretty close with the falsetto
not too many mistakes
its only coming out of the left channel on my headphones,
it made me think they were broken haha
Quote by ovdojoey
my own, well i took the tuning off this website
then figured it out its BDDDDD

I see. Nice job, though it sounded a wee bit off in places (just after the chorus I think). When I tried tuning my guitar to play this I snapped the b string (didn't like going up to a D it would seem) & so I've never bothered again.
Quote by ovdojoey
Thanks
Awesome iTunes rocks, im on an ipod
, as for not getting out there, i dont really have enough talent... or as my mom tells me: I suck . lol oh well, maybe one day

LOL!
that's totally not true!
hold on to your dreams and you'll maybe get big sometime.
your found yesterday stuff is really fkin good.
if this stuff would be just a lil bit more professional you couldnt tell it's not from some professional musicians CD
Last edited by dEipHoBoS at Sep 5, 2006,
"Tags: cover , dolls , found , foundyesterday , go , goo , goo , goo , iris , yesterday".

Good idea going to falcetto. Are you Irish perchance?

Nice cover.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Well you sing Irish. Very very very Irish.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
Your bass string is either out of tune, or you're playing the wrong note. Great voice, great recording quality, but work on that please.
its not out of tune... its just a reallly low tuning
i checked it right before i played it
its a B but its so low that its really hard to make the B perfect in pitch.

Thanks for the comment though.
That was very good. Th eonly problem is Im not keen on the high parts in the chorus. Nince guitar and sound quality though
That was really pretty good, some parts were a BIT iffy but definitely overall great work

gah, it wont let me replay it for some reason :\
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Last edited by Guitarist132 at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by ovdojoey
perhaps thats because its a cover , i have the fornatue voice that I can micmick accents, listen to your beautiful

"Fornatue"?!

Anyway, "micmick"ing someone's voice ISN'T a good thing. You need to sing with your own voice, instead of making a Goo Goo Dolls song sound like bad Irish. It didn't work for Ronan Keating, it won't work for you .

Try singing like yourself for the next cover, and don't use falcetto.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
Falsetto is what you do when your chest voice cant hit a high note.. And the chorus in that song is out of most peoples ranges. Ovdojoey, it still sounds awesome, and you did it the way your voice would do it. If you tried the chorus in chest, personally I dont think ya could do it. maybe im wrong.. but ive yet to hear someone from here actually do this song without falsetto, i begin practicing that song with my next vocal lesson (my 5th one!) haha... to try and do it in chest. If I could play the dang song on guitar I'd try and cover it lol.

I might open another dmusic site with 3 mp3s i have, Snow patrol run, coldplay speed of sound, and oasis champagne supernova. They'll be mp3s that I did without the vocals tho, They're great songs to practice I think some people would actually like them. Would u joey?
Work to live, not live to work.
Quote by Unborn
Falsetto is what you do when your chest voice cant hit a high note.. And the chorus in that song is out of most peoples ranges. Ovdojoey, it still sounds awesome, and you did it the way your voice would do it. If you tried the chorus in chest, personally I dont think ya could do it. maybe im wrong.. but ive yet to hear someone from here actually do this song without falsetto, i begin practicing that song with my next vocal lesson (my 5th one!) haha... to try and do it in chest. If I could play the dang song on guitar I'd try and cover it lol.

I might open another dmusic site with 3 mp3s i have, Snow patrol run, coldplay speed of sound, and oasis champagne supernova. They'll be mp3s that I did without the vocals tho, They're great songs to practice I think some people would actually like them. Would u joey?

Lol did u know ur only allowed 1 dmusic site? its like on this site, if u have amultiple account, ur ****ed
yah sure that be awesome.
I just got into a band, and we were going to cover this song at our shows, so Im learning to hit the chest chorus. Actually when we practice since weve got these huge half stacks and stuff and a huge PA system for vocals, im pumped up and everythings so loud I sing it really hard and I actually hit it most of the time, I break a couple of times but yeah its hard as crap and im definatly straining but i think i hit it afew times when we practice, but see the thing is that wud be horrible if iwas playing and boom my voice cracked haha.
I hear ya! and thank you gallagher for that vital information! LOL
Well i guess the singing backing tracks or whatever u wanna call them will just have to stay on my computer and do nothing , i guess if someone wants it, they can just ask hehe
The guitar part, and the vocal verses you nailed. I wasn't keen on the falsetto bit, though. The chorus is supposed to be "big" - and using a falsetto voice is the opposite of that, and it gets sort of limp sounding. Now it is high.... the top note, IIRC is a B. A good tenor can reach a C without going into falsetto, but that is only about 10% of trained singers. I'm a "lyric tenor" which is just short of a full tenor. (hehehe) I can hit a B with a good resonant tone on a good day... but *only* on a good day.

Maybe try re-working the guitar arrangement so it works in the key of Am instead of Bm. Then your top note is only an A. (still pretty high) Vocally, it might work a whole lot better. The average listener will key in on the vocal, and won't care - or even notice - if the guitar has been rearranged.

FWIW... The Goos sometimes re-work some of their vocal parts live so they don't have to sing as high. Singing maybe an F# over that chord in the chorus so he doesn't have to reach up to the B. I like my solution better, though, for the reasons I put above.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by ovdojoey
yah sure that be awesome.
I break a couple of times but yeah its hard as crap and im definatly straining but i think i hit it afew times when we practice, but see the thing is that wud be horrible if iwas playing and boom my voice cracked haha.

It would be even more horrible if you developed nodes and couldn't sing very well ever again. Strain = bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.....

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=42721 He blames it on drinking, but embedded in the context is the clear implication that he strained his voice.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Sep 16, 2006,
anyone wanna sing that song without falsetto?
get your balls cut off ;]

just kidding.
Wow..why are you so good?!

Seriously though, i love all your stuff and this is no different. But yea, it does sound a bit off, mainly in the bridge, but the vocals are beautiful. Great job as usual.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
cut your balls off? LOL.. its called Countertenor. Your born with it
fuckin awesome
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
a tenor could do it as well , look it up.
Page 1 of 2