sooner or later my VS100 is gonna get the boot. I've been looking at amp heads from marshall, and i cam across the mode four head. i heard some sound samples and it sounds like what i'm lookin for.
has anyone used it or own it?
or if ur gonna recommend another head, then its $1000 maximum.
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Why not get a decent valve head for that price? The Mode Four is a bit of a gimmic to me, try a load of heads out and see what you like.

What sounds are you lookin' for?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
For the price, you could get a much better amp that is all tube and not just a hybrid.
The mode four does have an OK tone, but is overpriced and you can do so much better with something else.

Dont be afraid to go used, ive bought alot of my gear used (but still almost mint condition) and never been disappointed, it also saves you a load of cash, used is the way to go.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
I liek the mode four but i feel that 350 Watts is a bit unessecary. I think the tsl would be a safe bet.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
RHCP is right, i think there gimmics, didn't sound to great to me i did get to try one out. They just make you go "OMGZZZZZ LOOK AT ALL THEM WATTS YUMMMMMM I WANT SOME" when really you can do a lot better for your price range.
ok. what valve heads do u recommend?
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
What sounds are you looking for?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'm looking for heavy sounds. to be honest, something really versatile (like to go from light overdrive to something insane), and has a good clean channel as well.that might be a little too much to ask, but maybe there's an amp out there like that
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Crate blue vodoo is versatile enough for your needs. If you want more gain outta it just toss a booster infront.

The BV has good cleans and pretty good distorted tones, check em out.

Theyre cheap used too
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.