In the intro to All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix, what is the weird percussion noise made on?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
*puts on AATWT and forgets the question* I'm sorry, what?

Ummm... that's a good question. At first I thought it was one of those wooden blocks with some reverb, but it's a little too bright sounding to be one of those, unless it's a really small one. Other then that I have no freaking clue.

Great this is going to be bugging me all day man... thanks a lot. LOL
Hai UG!
I know, it's relaly ****ing annoying.
Just to make sure we're on the same page. You're talking about the noise between the chords in the intro right?

Bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum *claakk* bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum.
Hai UG!
i don't know what its called but when i learnt this song my teacher actually had the damn thing that makes that noise. Its this percussion thing i guess its more or less in the shape of a V and one side has a wood block and the other side is kinda like a spoon and u shake it or hit is im not sure and they hit and make that noise
yes
Yeah it's a vibraslap. I had to play one of those in band class once. Lemme tell ya, it's sweet.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.