Page 1 of 2
Hey i was just wondering what everyones beef is with the Marshall MG? I dont personally have one but i was reading up on them and doesnt zakk wyldde use one?? cnt be that bad can they??

your opinions please.........
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Hahah no he doesnt.

And a simple search is all it takes, there are millions of threads that are like "OMG MG's ARE LIEK TEH BEST EVARR COS THEY SOUND LIKE METAL"

They suck. End of.
Doesn't Zakk Wylde have a signature JCM800 model or something...? I'm not a big fan, but I doubt he uses MG.
well iv just searched guitargeek.com and that verifies that he doesnt......however on the marshall website he is quoted saying "the MG sounds totally slamming, the overdrive is crushing" i dnt get it lol
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
I bought one...biggest waste of money ever (MG50DFX). Everyone kept saying they sucked because the distortion always screws up after like a month. I didnt think that would happen to me, but at least mine lasted longer then others. Sure enough after a few months my distortion shot, and now its an utter piece of crap.
My advice, get a tiny little practice amp and save up for a 30 or so watt tube.
EDIT:^^^^^^ I am thinking he was being sarcastic, but marshall actually used it for good publicity, or its a typo. Those words dont belong in the same sentence if serious...
im not buying one dnt get me wrong, im just curois thats all,
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by tobythechimp
im not buying one dnt get me wrong, im just curois thats all,

ahhh well, your curiosity killed another cat...shame on you
Quote by tobythechimp
well iv just searched guitargeek.com and that verifies that he doesnt......however on the marshall website he is quoted saying "the MG sounds totally slamming, the overdrive is crushing" i dnt get it lol

im sure he got paid to say that

i'd say that for 10,000$
pff he doesnt use one, he endorses them because hes a *****
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
They are rubbish, the distortion is diabolical,BELIEVE ME I'M UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE! Cleans are dirty, buzzes like a beehive... and sounds like someone going into labour at high volumes...I could go on all day. But i wont, I'll leave you to read sticky's thread on amps instead.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Zakk Wylde endorses them. that doesn't mean he uses them. he just puts his name on the advert, and gets a huge pile of cash for doing that!

The higher end mg's arent really a problem. i've heard some useable, not good, sounds coming from them at times. You can get a much better amp for the money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
can we make a how to use the search bear thread

there was the same thread like a day ago
srvman suck my big black penis
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by srvman
can we make a how to use the search bear thread

I know that was a mistake, but...
Quote by Dave_Mc

haha, i played through an mg30 and mg15 and sounded better than the mg50 which crapped out... sooo not reliable.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
breath mints > marshall mgs
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by AndyPandy
I know that was a mistake, but...

i need to stop drinking
Quote by tobythechimp
srvman suck my big black penis

Uhh, no, there's been the exact same thread many times, so you should've searched where unless you had a very specific question that couldn't have been answered by those threads, you shouldn't have done this. Period.
Quote by AndyPandy
The higher end mg's arent really a problem. i've heard some useable, not good, sounds coming from them at times. You can get a much better amp for the money.

There's no such thing as a higher end MG, they only get louder and as a result, crappier. **** what Wayne Static and Zakk Wylde say.
how much do high end mg cost? £250 or something?

for that you could get a decent vox or fender blues junior which would probably sound louder and a hell of a lot better..

jees i would say even line 6 was better but that would go down like a clap in a convent
IMO they do suck.

But I just saw this video of trivium doing this little video lesson and they were using those little MG stack mini things. Their tone was really nice.

How the **** did they do it?
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
its dubbed!
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by AndyPandy
its dubbed!

Figures...

I started to have hope that a sweet amp was available at such a cheap price
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
it is, its called an epiphone valve junior, or so i am led to believe...
Quote by Dave_Mc

okay.

if you guys hate the MG as much then why did you twats buy it?

and saying its better than breathmints and ****. thats reatarded. if you ont want your MG, give it to me.
quit bitching.
i have a MG15CD and it sounds ok.. ive heard that they get worse as you go up though..

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
i never said i had one ive tried them out though and boy do they suck monkeys ass

where as the fender blues junior is soo amazing it even has a button that will give you a handjob.

im kidding, but wow what an idea. shredders would love it.
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
yeah they suck. i currently own and play through an MG15 *weeps* the sound is so horrendous and sterile. My distortion did crap out on me (after about 2 years) but now there is barely any distortion and it's ridiculously quiet. good think im buying a mesa sood
yer i have an mg250. it seemed alright when i got it but it got worse over time. pretty much everything on it broke aswell. now i just have to find someone to buy it off me. lame
I though all these mg threads were gone? sigh....
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
The only good mgs are just the little 15 watt ones if you can find them cheap becuase it really doesnt matter what tone you get out of it anyways, and the people who buy them dont know anyways.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by jpetrucci5655
okay.

if you guys hate the MG as much then why did you twats buy it?

Because it has MARSHALL stamped on the front. I bought mine like six months after I started playing and thought I was god 'cause I had a Marshall, then when you actually play for a long time and try out other amps you realize just how bad they are.
Meh, I don't think they're horrible. As I've stated in several other MG threads, if you get the little MG's (15 watts or so), they're decent, and if you can EQ them well enough (And not just "ZOOOOOOOMMMMMGGGGG, I'm going to crank everything because I am a punk!") They can sound decent. Graphic EQ's are a must with them too.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Why does everyone hate them Iv'e borrowed the 100watt one for 3 weeks off a friend and now own the 50 watt one. Either you've all got them sad "Forumsyndrome" things when everyone agrees with someone an it goes on.(why i hate forums)
Friends had his 100 watt one for over 3 years now played about 4 gigs with it loud. And it lived. Mines is fine, i wouldn't of bought it if i didn't like how it sounded.
People talking about the cleans being pish, shut up! have you ever heard about turning some eq nobs? Twangy=surf bass=blues simple eh. An the overdrives fine for what i play. Coheed/Blink/the cure/Paramore/Ava/Rancid/Foo Fighters/a7x/steve vai.

There done. So stop whining you bunch of gearsnobs!
I hate line6 spiders they sound like a bloody pc, or a cheap keyboard that has one sound and then autotuned to fit all.
Twangy=surf bass=blues simple eh. An the overdrives fine for what i play. Coheed/Blink/the cure/Paramore/Ava/Rancid/Foo Fighters/a7x/steve vai.

That's pretty funny, made me laugh. The only time I've heard Vai with a crappy tone was when he couldn't get one of his Bogner's EQ'd right (check out the Ibanez 90th Ann. video.) If the amp is good for you, that's great, stick with it. A lot of people on this site like to just jump on bandwagons and repeat what they've seen/heard others say.

I, personally, don't like the MG's. I've tried the 15, 50, and 100 MG and was not impressed with them at all. The cleans were very sterile, the distortion didn't suit my needs, and you really are paying more than you should just because it has 'Marshall' on it.
You do know Zakk is payed to say that right?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
ive got an mg15 and i think it's pretty good for the money (80 pounds) im not sure about the higher end ones but the 15 watt are descent starter amps. the 10 watt are pretty bad with only the one eq knob and bad tone so go for the 15 if you want a cheap amp thats not terrible
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
i got the mg head with a peavey valveking cab for REALLY REALLY cheap. and i think its not bad. I'd say that most of you who say they suck play through little 15 watt amps/ have only heard the head with the cab that comes with it. I say that the sound is good through the Valveking cab.

put down the MG cabs. they blow.
Page 1 of 2