Page 1 of 2
Best? A bit vague,best in terms of what?,it's mainly for the individual to decide.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
This one looks nice,but don't know alot about their playability,although they are killer metal guitars(all)

http://deanguitars.com/Dean05/dime/fbd.htm
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
I've never really understood whats the problem with LFRs, can someone explain?

And I like the sound of the Dimebucker. Its no Bill Lawrence, but I like it.
Dickless.
DFH would be the best, but its a **** paintjob, looks like a huge decal.
it ain't a ML but The New USA Dime Razorback V looks pretty sweet
Mahogany body and neck with Ebony Fingerboard
Floyd Rose locking tremelo
Available with Dimarzio/Duncan or EMG Pickups

Would't mind one one myself.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
lol its at least better looking than the dimeoflame paint job. haha

IMO Dime-O-Flame looks pretty sick. Then again, I've never seen one in person

Anyway, the Washburn ones own the Deans.
Dickless.
there mainly for looks

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Hi fellas. I am new to the forums here, but not to Dean. In fact as of last Tuesday I have become endoresed by them and can help answer some questions about thier guitars. Also, we have a forum at www.deanguitars.com/forum if you are interested. As far as the Dime models go, the import ones such as the Far Beyond Driven, and Dime O Flame are made in Korea and feature a "C" shaped neck. They have Grover Tuners, rosewood fingerboards, and mahogony bodies. The neck pickups are Dean pickups that have been wound to Dean specs. They are OK but could use an upgrade. The bridge pickups are the Seymour Duncan SH-13 "Dimebucker". The SH-13 is a treble pickup with high output and are made to help get your sound through the mix. They are not crystal clean on a clean channel, but do sound nice when playing clean passages. The LFR on the Dime models are made by a company called PING and are probably one of the best LFR's you can get. They are not like the low pro found on the Dean MLF (which have had some issues) and some other inexpensive guitars. The Dean From Hell and the Razorbacks are made in China, and are even nicer than the MIK guitars. The biggest difference on these guitars is the "V" shaped neck which have a direct relation to the USA models. The fit and finish are also a little nicer. Whomever states they are not worth the money may not be looking at what you are actually getting. In fact while Dean was making some of Dime's USA models, he did use some import Deans live. I have 5 Deans as of now and my main guitar which is a USA Professional V is an amazing guitar, but my imports have all be set up by my tech and they play better than most other guitars costing 3 times as much as them. Of course you can get a USA Dime if you can afford the $3800.00 plus price tag, but that isn't nessessary if you want a quality guitar. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer I will get it for you. Lastly, not to company bash but the Washburn Dime models don't hold a candle to the Deans. I speak from experience, and if you look around you will find there have been many issues with the Washburn models. In fact there are dealers who no longer carry the Washburns because of this.
Last edited by SILVERTUNG at Sep 4, 2006,
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ DO you know the price for one of those?

You are looking about $4000.00 on a Razorback V depending on the options. Of course you can have it anyway you want. The custom shop is in Tampa, FL. They can create anything you can think of. There is no production Razor V as of yet.
I might consider a Dean CFH.

Whats better, a Razorback Two-Tone or a Dean CFH? The razorback has a Dimebucker unfourtunately,but I would replace that.
They both play about the same. The difference other than looks is the Bill Lawrence L500XL Vs. the SH-13. I took out my L500XL because it was defective and Dean sent me a SH-13 but that is a totaly different subject. Some really like the L500XL though. There really isn't much difference in the tone. The SH-13 cuts through the mix a bit better in a live setting if you use lots of gain. The L500XL is hot, but is a bit noisey. There were a few Bill Lawrence pickups that were faulty and Dean is fixing that issue. Again they only get the pickups from the Bill Lawrence factory and install them. A few of them had wires that were pulled to hard. Either way they are few and far between. Dean has the best customer service I have ever seen.
They're all pieces of crap for the money. The Razorbacks look and play like **** and the number of 'tribute' and signature models is absolutely ridiculous, especially when most of them are utter trash.

Dean Zelinsky sickens me.
I don't understand why some people love them with a passion andother hate them.

I want a Razorback V. Do you reckon they will ever make a Chinese version?

If you are in the Dean Street Team, do you get money off?
Quote by codybcool
They're all pieces of crap for the money. The Razorbacks look and play like **** and the number of 'tribute' and signature models is absolutely ridiculous, especially when most of them are utter trash.

Dean Zelinsky sickens me.

And your information come from? Dean Z no longer owns the company. He hasn't for quite a while. You don't like them. OK that is fine. Why bash them though? Leslie West, ZZ Top, Matt and Cory From Trivium, Zakk Wylde hmmmm The list is long and distinguished. What's your beef, or do you just like to start flame wars?
Quote by the1
I don't understand why some people love them with a passion andother hate them.

I want a Razorback V. Do you reckon they will ever make a Chinese version?

If you are in the Dean Street Team, do you get money off?

They are talking about an import model. No I am not on the street team. I am an endorsed artist. My page will be up in the next week or two. I just got signed last Tuesday. As far as the details of my endorsement, that is not for public review. Sorry, but yes I am with Dean Guitars.
But I have a mate in the street team, can he get money off?
I look foward to the imports, if it happens, but I'll have to change the floyd and the pickups.
Quote by the1
But I have a mate in the street team, can he get money off?
I look foward to the imports, if it happens, but I'll have to change the floyd and the pickups.
I don't believe street team members get a discount. If you buy a Dean with a LFR you can't just put in a original FR. They don't fit. You would have to rout out the body. Trust me, this was an issue for some that wanted to do it. The pickups are totaly up to you though. My USA custom has a set of Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and 59' (neck). That is my favorite combo.
Quote by SILVERTUNG
And your information come from? Dean Z no longer owns the company. He hasn't for quite a while. You don't like them. OK that is fine. Why bash them though? Leslie West, ZZ Top, Matt and Cory From Trivium, Zakk Wylde hmmmm The list is long and distinguished. What's your beef, or do you just like to start flame wars?

Obviously they're good then, because some massive gear \/\/hore's use(d, *ahem* Dime too) them. I'll 'bash' Dean guitars all I like just as you shall praise them, and as i see it Zelinsky is still heavily involved in one way or another and certainly helped with the bloody Dimebag guitars idea.
Last edited by codybcool at Sep 4, 2006,
Would it be possible to get a type of Floyd that does fit? Like a Gotoh or something?
No, because it is made for the PING Floyd. Don't be fooled by the hype you hear. I assure you the PING FR is awesome! Two of my imports have them. Except for the bar collar being a screw down instead of a screw down crown you won't see any difference. The PING is great. I wouldn't say it if they were crap. If they were I would have had OFR's put on mine. Now the LFR that comes on the MLF is crap. I would steer you away from that one.
Quote by SILVERTUNG
You are looking about $4000.00 on a Razorback V depending on the options. Of course you can have it anyway you want. The custom shop is in Tampa, FL. They can create anything you can think of. There is no production Razor V as of yet.

a couple miles away from where I live...didnt notice it until I drove down the street it's on.
Quote by Eric 666
a couple miles away from where I live...didnt notice it until I drove down the street it's on.

You are a lucky man. I would be there at least once a week if I lived there. Here is a photo of a few of mine. BTW Cody, I understand where you are coming from and like I said you can like what you want. I also see that you like to just start crap on this forum with your brash comments. I hope that works for you. I am sure it really brings your status around here. You don't like Dean. Good don't like them. Are they crap? Well you must be a very accomplished musician with lots of clout to make that determination.
I didn't label all Deans crap, merely the Dimebag models. IMO they are overpriced and really not that good, i've played a few Razorbacks and weren't my thing. However I can appreciate that the 'standard' ones are quite good, i played a decent Black Gold ML and it was a bit of fun. And as for starting crap? Hardly, people just say stupid things that are easy to pick up on, i'm not out for a verbal bitch fight on a forum.
Quote by codybcool
I didn't label all Deans crap, merely the Dimebag models. IMO they are overpriced and really not that good, i've played a few Razorbacks and weren't my thing. However I can appreciate that the 'standard' ones are quite good, i played a decent Black Gold ML and it was a bit of fun. And as for starting crap? Hardly, people just say stupid things that are easy to pick up on, i'm not out for a verbal bitch fight on a forum.

Right on bro. I agree with you. My V's are better than my Dime models, but they are set up the way I want them and not due to Dime's specs. That natural cherry one in the middle of my photo is exactly what I wanted, it is my main guitar. I don't play my Dime's as my main guitars, but they do hold a place in my stage rig and are nice guitars. I ain't gonna fight with you either but just realize that not everyone shares your outlook, and you may turn away a potential future Dean player. If you don't like it, say "I don't like them" and state your views on why. Not because the former owner makes you sick and because they make too many tribute models.
i was gona buy a dimbucker for my jackson what da u guys think i shud do? and if not what pickups shud i get i want a high output pickup
i wasalso thinking about a aseymour ducan invder which is beter?
They are mostly all good, just depends on what music you play. I prefer SH-13's (Dimebuckers) and JB's. I like 59's in the neck positions. That it me.
i feel a bit weird about the dime models, like they kinda playing and exploiting his well publicised death, and selling guitars off of that, which is sad because if the guitars turn out to be disliked then his name might be tarnished. i mean fair enough if there's one or two signature guitar guitars, but as far as i know Dean are really capitalising on the dime series.
Marty
I wouldn't buy any Dime model. Crappy specs for a high price, all in the name of making a few bucks off Dime's death. Dean as a whole are good, but Dime's models are ****. And I wouldn't listen to Silvertung, no disrespect, but as an endorssed artist you're hardly gonna say they're crap are ya? The LFR's are appauling from what I've tried, the body is uncomfy, the neck is uncomfy, the wood is poor quality, the sound is poor and a Dime Divebomb? On that LFR? I think not. And don't expect the real thing to look like the computer aided photo's on the website if that's what your basing your opinion of looks on. And as far as I'm aware Dean Z does own the company, he bought it back a few years ago.

Quote by Sn^ke
I'd reccommend a 2nd hand Washburn Dime over a Dean.

Last edited by Zakk_Wylde001 at Sep 5, 2006,
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
And I wouldn't listen to Silvertung, no disrespect, but as an endorssed artist you're hardly gonna say they're crap are ya?

Yeah his opinion is a bit bias. Ive played some of the lower end Dime models and they are crap then I played a razorback and that was awesome, the body shape is all preference. Ive also played many many other deans and the statment holds true for em all, the lower end models are pretty crappy but the higher end models are real nice.
Page 1 of 2