Somethimes if I do a pull-off with my pinky, I feel this weird uncomftorble "unhinged" or "dislocated" feeling in the first joint closest to the nail. Has anybody else experienced this? will it stop happening when my pinky gets stronger from playing more guitar?
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
i know what you're talking about, and that's just excess tension in the pinky...once you get the mechanics of the pull-off down, you will be able to do so without tensing up and staying loose, thus eliminating the problem...remember to practice slowly to build strength and coordination so you can perform the pull-off cleanly at faster speeds

www.guitarprinciples.com
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by FretboardToAsh
I did, just a lack of practice it stopped with me eventually

There is know way I have a lack of practice. Whenever I have free time, I spend it playing guitar and on weekends I play guitar constantly for 6+ hours at a time exept for the times I practice piano.
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
Quote by Remebol
Well are u new to p.o. with pinky?

If u are try trills .

I'm not new to pull-offs with my pinky but I will try trills as exercises. thnx
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
Quote by axe_grinder247
i know what you're talking about, and that's just excess tension in the pinky...once you get the mechanics of the pull-off down, you will be able to do so without tensing up and staying loose, thus eliminating the problem...remember to practice slowly to build strength and coordination so you can perform the pull-off cleanly at faster speeds

www.guitarprinciples.com

thnx for the link
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
I think I know what you mean, is it like where your pinky locks except the last joint, so it ends up looking like an L shape? Go really slow. Like put your pinky barely on the string, and then slowly press down until right before that locking thing happens, and stop. Get used to that amount of pressure, and try to avoid pressing too hard, and eventually it should go away with practice.