hello all,
im kinda looking to buy an acoustic electric guitar that i would use to play with at small gigs in auditoriums and all. im pretty new at acoustic guitar buying so i have no clue what kind of info to tell you. Could someone please point me to a right direction and recommend me something?

thanks.
how much do you have to spend?

if you have the cash i would say tayolr.....
but i hear good things about takamine's (sp?)
Ovation, or all wood?
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.
im not a huge fan of Ibanez acoustics, they seem to have dropped in quality a LOT over the last few years. i got me an Alverez acoustic electric for less than 300$, and man it sounds better than any acoustic ive ever played for under $1000. look at the mid-priced Alverez models, you won't be disappointed
Check out the "What guitar under $300" thread since prices in Europe are more expensive than in the US so it's probably a rought equivalent to your budget.

Many people would say that you don't need to get an electro-acoustic for playing small gigs as you get a better sound for an acoustic that is mic'd up.
Although sometimes this is not practical for people on a budget. If you are getting an electro-acoustic I would stay away from Ovations and Ibanezs as they are meh at best. Ovations may sound good plugged in but are quite horrible unplugged.
For you price range it's probably worth checking brands like alvarez, yamaha and takamine. They are usually of a reliable quality and even with a low budget chances are you will get a decent guitar for your money, although I'm not too sure about the entry level takamines and the availability of alvarez in europe.

Yamaha's APX and CPX range should have some models in your price range and I've always liked them whenever I've played one. Also, Tanglewood make have quite a few models within your price range and they are very good value for money (and I believe are not too hard to find in Europe).

As always the best thing to do is go to your nearest guitar shop and play all the guitars that are in your price range and pick your favourite..
"It's too late. I've already paid a month's rent on the battlefield."
the ibanez aef18etws is what i just purchased and it has a very nice tone for the price, 350$ at musiciansfriend, slim fast neck, arched back, and it has a sonicore and b-band and built in tuner, its bad ass if your on a budget, great stage guitar, now there are others out there this is just my sugestion, play some and see what feels right
Quote by Unstable_Mind
If you are getting an electro-acoustic I would stay away from Ovations and Ibanezs as they are meh at best. Ovations may sound good plugged in but are quite horrible unplugged.

that depends if you are playing the flat back or the round back. the flat ones have a nice crisp tone and sounds just WONDERFULL unplugged with some light guage metal strings
"A one that is not cold is barely a one at all!"