Is there any point in me upgrading my squire strat? As in getting new pick ups put in re painting it etc? Or would it be cheaper and easier to get a new guitar?
get a new one, squirs suck even if u upgrade it, pick ups dont change everything people need to learn that god damn
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Quote by JimmyStradlin33
Is there any point in me upgrading my squire strat? As in getting new pick ups put in re painting it etc? Or would it be cheaper and easier to get a new guitar?

IF you have one of those Affinity Squiers or the MIJ JV or SQ series ('82-'85 Japan), an upgrade would be worth it definitely. The Alder body is a pretty good foundation for upgrades.

Just remember that given the non-pro level playing skills of most noobulets, chances are, they won't be able to differentiate an upgraded Squier Alder body (PUs, bridge, wiring harness, pots, tuners) from a Fender Alder body if you play them through a decent tube amp.

The key thing is that any upgrade/mod you go through is always a learning experience. If you prefer not to go through the potential hassles of soldering, hunting the right parts, refinishing, etc., then yeah, buy a new guitar. Otherwise, it's really time well spent.

Good Luck!

Quote by Ippon
IF you have one of those Affinity Squiers or the MIJ JV or SQ series ('82-'85 Japan), an upgrade would be worth it definitely. The Alder body is a pretty good foundation for upgrades.

Just remember that given the non-pro level playing skills of most noobulets, chances are, they won't be able to differentiate an upgraded Squier Alder body (PUs, bridge, wiring harness, pots, tuners) from a Fender Alder body if you play them through a decent tube amp.

The key thing is that any upgrade/mod you go through is always a learning experience. If you prefer not to go through the potential hassles of soldering, hunting the right parts, refinishing, etc., then yeah, buy a new guitar. Otherwise, it's really time well spent.

Good Luck!

^^^
Ya! What he said!

Edit: It really depends on what you're planning to do. If you wanna make it sound better and/or look better AND you're willing to put in the time learning how to do it, then yeah, totally!! Go for it.

Otherwise it'd just be easier to get a new guitar (but you'll still have to spend more money for a decent one).
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs
Last edited by axe_2_grind at Sep 4, 2006,