I am gonna custom build a V. I have a friend with a Band Saw and some other good guitar building tools and always wanted to build a guitar. Now the questions.
1) What kind of wood sounds the best, like for a rock and roll flyin V?

2) How much money is to much to spend on wood.

3) Is Ebay a good place to buy wood from

4) Would i be better off buyin a neck or building one thats to scale, as far as cost goes and in the long run.

Thanks
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
unless your an expert at wood working, have all the right tools, id recomend just buying a body, a neck ect and just building it from pre made parts
1) Alder or mahogany. There's a lot to choose from, i'd decide pickups over body wood though.

2) You can never spend too much on good wood

3) Yes it's fine.

4) If you feel you can build a neck, then go for it. If you buy a neck it will most likely be a bolt on, so your body will have to be set up to have a bolt on neck.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Alright thanks AlgeeEater. Joe Angelo Vai, my friends dad is good at building stuff.

I'm thinkin maybe Dimarzio pickups. Probably paint the body green adn get some pink pickups in it for that vai/gilbert look
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.