I have been a fan of tube amps for a while now mainly for my ts808. I have grown attach to my fender twin reverb and in my opinion is the best tube amp in the world!

What is in your opinion the best tube amp or amp?

I'm curious to other's opinions.
I want an ENGL Powerball :/
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
The fender twin all the way . The Marshall fans will be all over this one but as guitarists get older and still preform you see twins on soooooooo many stages!
i really want a crate blue voodoo.

but always want something... so...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
It depends on what your tastes are, I don't think there is a best tube amp, but there's the super high end ones like Mesa Mark IVs and Bogners that are awesome. But with most amps, you end up sacrificing one sound or style for another. So, there's probably a best combination of amps, but no one amp can do everything perfectly.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Bloodening
I want an ENGL Powerball :/

Goddamn right brother!!!! ENGL makes the best tube amps for metal. I love thier tone so much. There are many other nice ones out there, but it depends on what kind of music you play.
Mark IVs aren't really that high end. My 1x12 combo was $1,800. But then again, you're English.

Hi, I'm Peter
Fender Twin, with a bitch set of OD, Distortion, And Fuzz pedals to make it sound better.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I was planning on getting the Fender Deluxe amp. I think it's a pretty good amp.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
VOX AC30 is one of my favorites. That and a Soldano SLO100 or a Metaltronix T1000.
I would KILL for a Krank Krankenstein head and 4x12 half stack...... I WOULD KILL I SAY!!!! I've only SAW one in a store, and I couldn't play it, it was there for show.....

I used to think all of these Dime tribute guitars and the guitars he was making they decided to make were getting too abundnant, then I saw this amp's Gear Review vid on the Guitar World CD..... I nearl jizzed on myself. I really like most of the Dime guitars now too. The new V looks nice.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I would KILL for a Krank Krankenstein head and 4x12 half stack...... I WOULD KILL I SAY!!!! I've only SAW one in a store, and I couldn't play it, it was there for show.....

I used to think all of these Dime tribute guitars and the guitars he was making they decided to make were getting too abundnant, then I saw this amp's Gear Review vid on the Guitar World CD..... I nearl jizzed on myself. I really like most of the Dime guitars now too. The new V looks nice.

If you like them, then here is a photo of some of mine for you. LOL
Quote by SILVERTUNG
*pic*

Yea, I love the Razorback models. That shape is what got me into them. I got to play a ML tribute at my local shop once, and it was awesome. It was my dream guitar until I discovered the greatness of PRS. lol
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I like mine own. Mesa/boogie f-50. Best amp i've ever played.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
if i had the money id buy a fender twin

but im quite content at my fender blues junior and hot rod deville
I'm loving my 6505 at the moment, but there are certainly much better out there. Meh, i don't think there is one valve amp that could be considered the best.
Quote by codybcool
I'm loving my 6505 at the moment, but there are certainly much better out there. Meh, i don't think there is one valve amp that could be considered the best.

True that. I went from a 6506 to a Marshall to a Blue Voodoo (which I am selling now) to a Carvin rack setup, my current setup. I will never be satisfied. I want one of each of them. Then I will be satisfied.
It's all about finding the perfect tone for the individual, i think if someone can find an amp that fits the tone in their head at the time, that is the perfect amp for them, although ideas of good and bad change, and thus, so do amp setups.
What kills me is when I had my 6505+ half stack I though that was the ultimate tone. It was so good and I used to get comments from people at soundcheck time, but then I got stupid and sold it. Why? Like you said I was chasing the tone in my head. Then I had a Marshall 2204 MKII made in 1981. Yeah a real one. I used that with a Zakk Wylde MXR pedal, and that amp was amazing, but it was a one trick wonder. It went from dirty to meltdown but no real clean sound due to the single channel. Then I bought the Crate Blue Voodoo head that I have now. It sounds awesome and I really like it because it is designed by Lee Jackson and he did the Metaltronics heads back in the day. The sound is just like those. Now however I am running a Boss GT-8 processor into a Carvin TS100 100wattt tube poweramp. I am looking to get a Carvin preamp to match to it now, so once again I am changing. I am sure I will get it right someday. If I can get a sound that is a mix between Eddie Van Halen's Brown Sound and Mark Morton's sound from Lamb Of God I will be happy. Yeah I know..... Wishfull thinking.
I love my Marshall JTM 45 (reissue)...i have never played on a fender twin though
Ask me no questions, i will tell you no lies...
Quote by SILVERTUNG

Those are all yours?! Wow, I love the first one.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
She ain't the prettiest belle at the ball, but she certainly has the most things to play with
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by SILVERTUNG

How do you like that black 79 Series V? I'm looking into one.
Thanks for the comments. The 79 series are one of the best kept secrets in the guitar world. The only weak points are the stock pickups. Mine are all modified by my tech with stronger electronics, fret work and different pickups, but that is it. The rest of the guitar is top notch. The two Dime models I have (Razorback and DFH) are great. I have had some work done on them too though. I had the frets totaly worked over and dressed. I took the Bill Lawrence out of the DFH and put a Dimebucker in there to keep my tone consistant for the stage. Also the trems have Tremsetters installed in the rear to keep them more stable. The electronics have also been totaly gone over. The one in the middle is my custom shop guitar and is set up perfectly for me. It is from the USA Professional series. Don't get me wrong. The stock Deans are great guitars for most applications. I am playing on the road a lot so I needed some stuff done to them for my personal needs. This is also where the endorsement comes in handy. I use all of mine on stage and am getting a few more as backups. Dean guitars are great, and I don't just say that because I am playing for them now, but in general. I recommend them to anyone. I have been playing a Dean since I was 16. I am 31 now and love them more than ever.