what the difference between the Jr and the humbucker besides the size. would it sound different because of the adjustable pole pieces?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
It would sound different because of the sheer difference in size. It has similar characteristics (bright and articulate) but it definitely doesn't sound quite like a full-size humbucker. Pole pieces are just for string response balancing.
Hi, I'm Peter
is there anyway to make it sound like a full size humbucker?

cause i have a strat and like, yeah. or....is it possible to mod the pickguard and place the humbucker version in it
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Last edited by guy66657 at Sep 4, 2006,
It depends on whether your guitar is routed for H/S/S or H/S/H or H/H/H, or if its only able to have S/S/S, my Austin strat copy (which i love) is only routed for S/S/S as far as i know, which im quite alright with because the reason i bought that guitar was for the single coils, i will be upgrading to a hotter single for the bridge though. Anyway back to your question, you COULD cut the pickguard to fit a humbucker, but alot of the jobs come out crappy looking when done at home, jsut spend the 10 or 15 bucks to buy a pickguard already routed for H/S/S or whatever the ****ing christ you want.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

well umm heres a pic of my guitar pickups, pickguard on my strat. i dont think i can cut the pickguard though.....

My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Last edited by guy66657 at Sep 5, 2006,
how do you cut a pickguard anyway?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps: