Quote by metalmiliita56
A full set up like truss rod,action, and intonation, how much whould that go around
If you live in the UK near Sheffield I'd do it for free, shops and technicians charge anything from £20 to £70 depending on the amount of work.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
$30-$100 USD here. Although the $100's tend to do a much better job.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
$30-$100 USD here. Although the $100's tend to do a much better job.

Oh my god, youre not using Guitar Center, are you?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks
Oh my god, youre not using Guitar Center, are you?

No.... a local luthier I know will do it for $100. He did my friends really ****ty Ibanez. He turned it into a great bass.

Guitar Center charges $50 and does a pretty bad job.

My Guitar Center charged 35 and did a good job.

Of course, I'm friends with lots of people in there
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Of course, I'm friends with lots of people in there

I'm the one who blows their Behringers just so people won't buy them

Which Guitar Center did you bring it to? And did you buy an instrument from them?

I get top notch at a local shop for $15.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
I'm the one who blows their Behringers just so people won't buy them

Which Guitar Center did you bring it to? And did you buy an instrument from them?

Hollywood, and I had bought it from them.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Hollywood, and I had bought it from them.

In their warranty, it says that you get a free setup within a year after you purchased the instrument. If you payed for the extended warranty, it's even longer.

You got screwed thinking you didn't (unless this was your 2nd setup)

Why dont you do it yourself none of that stuff is hard to do and if mess up it can all be undone, unless you adjust the trussrod WAY to far then youll break youre neck, but thats not easy you'd be able to tell that you were going to far before the wood breaks.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter
Learn to type coherently before you tell people what to do.

It is true though that all setups can be done without professional help, but they're called professionals for a reason.
^ True, but for regular setups it's not really worth it. I've always beleived that you should do your own minor repair. (maybe I'm just cheap.) For stuff like neck shims or whatever, i may well be.

First of all, no matter how good they are, you're the only one who knows what you want. A great setup may not be the feel you want, but if you learn to do it yourself yuou'll get it perfect every time.

If you have a cheap bass (or don't mind using your good one) I'd say learn to set it up yourself. Check out this site for instructions on it:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial1.htm

It is written for guitars, but bass is pretty much the same. And if you have any questions you'll find help here.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock