Li'l town of Blandford, south of England.

Favorite Band:
Check my profile for the full list, but Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Arctic Monkeys seem to be my top two.

Most Inspirational Lyricist:
To be totally honest, I tend not to look at lyrics much. I mean, I guess I write in Alex turner (AM's) style alot, because I like wit in his lyrics, the clever rhyming and the modern themes of his songs. Also, I love how their lyrics sound against their music, which is somethng I also keep in mind when I'm writing, flow and rhythm being big things for me when I write. I really tend not to look at others lyrcis that much. Some might say think it's a bad thing, but what can I say, each person his own.

Why Do You Write:
I first started writing because I couldnot get my emotions out, I couldn't communicate to people, so I started to write in an attempt to get things of my chest. My non-song pieces I have posted here have really just been an exercise while I re-find my songwrting inspiration, but I am still proud of them and will probably continue to write like that.

Most Favorite Writer On UG:
Alex (Broken_Bottles) has a great tongue-in-cheek, observational, modern style about his pieces that I love, it's a shame he's on his way out of S&L, to be honest, I've really enjoyed some of his stuff, they really appeal to me personally. I also enjoy works from CJW and thepickups, CJW for the perfect exampl on how to write simple but effective pieces, pickups for his general great way with words. So those three are writers I always jump to look at.

Most Helpful Critiquer:
I'm not too sure here. I haven't seen him lately but parabetheo was a great critiquer. Caz always provides insightful and helpful advice, and although there seems to have been a lack of him lately, trigfunction also helped me a great deal. Of course when synth rips into my pieces it's always a joy aswell.

Your Most Recent Work And Reason Behind It: Umm... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=425935 This was one of the most recent song I wrote, in an attempt to get back into the swing of things. Goes back to the style I'm happiest with, and the one I enjoy writing in the most. There wasn't too much of a reason, to be honest. But it's lead me back to where I want to be with my writing, and I've been a bit more prolific lately with how my ideas are coming out.

Tips For Newer Writers:
Keep writing. The more you write, the better the chances are you'll improve. Also, don't be afraid to try new styles. Always give it a go, and if you pull it off, then there's something else to add to your repetoire. Another thing I would say is to listen to others advice and suggestions, but don't go out of your way to impress just them. Write for yourself, not for other people. Critique as any pieces as you can, also. Not only will you make contact with more people, you will learn where other go wrong, and be able to analyze you're own pieces in a better way.

Final Comments You Wish To Share: I'd just like to thank anyone who's ever critiqued any of my pieces, I haven't been here too long but I found it a really easy-going forum with a really friendly bunch of writers. That's about all I've got. Thanks for to anyone who ever voted/nominated me for WoTM.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by Retribution
No mention of the best one here?

Oh well, Congrats anyway. I haven't read your most recent songs. Have there been any? I've seen more poetry/prose recently.

Was that a nod to me?

RHCP's suck and the Arctic Monkeys are golden. I'm torn.

Congrats on winning though.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
I didnt paticularly like RHCP either but my friend took me to a concert a couple weeks ago and they're ****ing amazing live, totally changed my view on them.
/spam

o, and you're the youngest WOTM yet I believe {please feel free to tell me otherwise }
Well, if i ever win it, i'll probably be the youngest. I'm 14, haha

All i've got to do now is win it.........................................................
Quote by caz_guitar_dude

All i've got to do now is win it.........................................................

I'm younger. Well, I too am 14. But hopefully I'm younger anyway. haha.

Plus, I'm just better. Sorry.

And now I'll stop spamming Jamie's thread. haha.
Quote by caz_guitar_dude

Whoa, that's insane. You're pretty good for a fourteen year old.

Well done Jammy
o, and you're the youngest WOTM yet I believe {please feel free to tell me otherwise }

I won when I was 7.
Quote by thepickups
I won when I was 7.

I'm only four months old, so I've a chance of beating your record matey.
Quote by #1 synth
I didnt paticularly like RHCP either but my friend took me to a concert a couple weeks ago and they're ****ing amazing live, totally changed my view on them.

Really? I saw them a couple years ago and I was grossly disappointed. STP opened for them and were much better.
Hi, I'm Peter
congratulations! (i havent read anything from you but congrats anyways)
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm