hi , What's the best way to warm up the tone on a solid state amp?

I own a peavy bandit 112 II and its a great little practice amp but sometimes i wish it sounded a bit warmer.

are there any ways to make it sound a bit more like a tube amp without actually buying a tube amp? some kind of pedal perhaps?

I play mostly metal but also dabble with other genres regularly. thanks
the sd-1 supposedly works as an overdrive pedal and a tube amp simulator. Im not sure if it works well or not though.
Not really. That amp is a Transtube amp I believe and Peavey already did what they could to make it sound like a tube amp.. Like you said it is good for practicing and such, but your best bet is to save up for the real thing. I had a Bandit 112 long ago and it sounded good for what it was. I understand your pain though. Once you turn tube you never go back. Just take your time. You can always get a used one for a good price. I have a Crate Blue Voodoo head that I am selling which may be out of your range, but on ebay there are some 60 watt blue voodoo combos with 1X12 speaker for cheap. They are sick metal amps and are 100% tube. Good luck man. You will find what you are looking for.
I just got and idea. You could buy an epiphone valve jr. head, $99. And build your own cabinet. You could build a 1x12 for under $100 easily.
Quote by Ryzar
I just got and idea. You could buy an epiphone valve jr. head, $99. And build your own cabinet. You could build a 1x12 for under $100 easily.

That is a smokin little amp. You need an overdrive pedal, but for practice you will love it.