Hi all,
I have a 1986 Charvel Model 5, and a Peavey Rage 158 that's very old too (10/15 years).
When I play through it, it's very crackly, even in the clear channel.
So I think I'm gonna buy a new amp, but I'm not decided yet.
That would be just to play at home, in my room, not for giging, but I want to have a nice sound.
I mostly play the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beatles, Slackstring, Latch Key Kid and a bit of reggae.
I don't use very often the distorsion channel, I don't give a care about the built in function of distorsion/overdrive, it's not really handy to press a buton on your amp while you're playing, if one day I need this, I'll buy a pedal.
Well, I'm hesitating between these amps:
The Roland Cube 30
The Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
and the Epiphone Valve Standard which is a bit too pricey for me, but it's a valve one, so maybe dad could give me money for this
Thanks
you know you can buy a footswitch with most amps, I know the vox has it. That way you don't have to buy a pedal, and you can just use the two channels on the amp. I have a vox ad50vt and I love it. Very versitile, good cleans, good crunch and I can do a little metal here and there.
I have a vox ad30vt and its pretty nice for what it is and by the sounds of things will suit your taste well.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Hi all, I've just been to my music shop, and it has just opened, so they don't have many amps. But they had a used Marshall Valvestate 8040 40 W that is four years old, it's good as new, they sell it for 250USD. It has a valve in preamp. I don't know anything about amps, so what do you guys think about this one ?
Thanks
I think you should shop your used market a bit, and look for private sellers. For the tone you want (you care mostly about cleans), I'd go after a Fender amp. Even most Fender solid states will have really good clean tones.
Hi, I'm Peter