3 6%
15 29%
7 14%
12 24%
7 14%
1 2%
2 4%
Voters: 51.
1 being completly brutal, just thundering, heavy, very simple riffs and awsome vocals, no solos or complex riffs, any crust band would be a perfect example. 10 being very very technical with complex riffs that are always changing, one if not multiple solos in every song, dragonforce is a perfect example.

6 for me. 10 would be my second choice.
It varies. A lot. I don't like wankery but I can enjoy some early Napalm Death or early BM now and then...overall, I'd say I tend towards a 7 or 8.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
hmm... a 2 or 3. Uber-complexity is alright in some cases but for the most part I like simple, good riffs and a lot of atmosphere.
It usually depends.

I can love slow simple riffs from Isis, to fast brutal riffage from Brain Drill. It's never a preference, just as long as the music sounds good.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
4 - brutal/technical being pretty even, but brutal being more overpowering
this is hard. technical shit with death vocals and awesomeness is the most brutal of all, but yet i like simple brutal stuff also. i like it all.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
I like bands that are around 7 on the scale

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by mydadisjewish
brutalness and technicality are not mutually exclusive (see spawn of possession, cryptopsy, gorguts, etc.)

stupid thread. i'm suprised bo didnt close it.

Better than "What's the best Trivium album"
Quote by unfathomable_bo
1-10

I like acoustic instrumentals and Anaal Nathrakh

+1
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
I said 5, since as much as I like technicality, I tend to lean towards gothic or doomier metal, which doesn't exactly focus on complexity.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
1-10

I like acoustic instrumentals and Anaal Nathrakh

what is acoustic? oh you mean a grandpa's guitars!
Quote by Icarus66
what is acoustic? oh you mean a grandpa's guitars!

LOL. I was just about to make that Metalocalypse line...

Anyway, 6 for me. Second choice would be 4. The band needs to be heavy and brutal and put out some nice guitar riffs and solos but shouldn't put too much emphasis on either.
If you are reading this, you fail at life. Go cut yourself and save yourself more misery.

Quote by Antartica.
What do you think about Opeths soft singer, do you think they need that vocalist or is that wut makes them Opeth?
Well I love very complex songs. By just even wathcing them play.
Easy songs are mostly easier to follow the rhythm and such.
I've chosen 5 since it depends on my mood.
Err... I'd say 5, because Technicality is Meh to me, and brutal is Meh to me too. I prefer epicness and emotion.
What the f*ck? No. dragonforce is not a perfect example. I like necrophagist, for their technical riffs, and i hate power metal of the "dragonforce" variety, as in happy and cheesy, no matter how "technical" they are. So id say a 10, of the brutal AND technical kind.
Quote by StuartR
I chose 5 only because I like it all and can't choose between them.

Same.

This thread is kinda retarded.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.